Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2010 client's can't get network license

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
A4E
Explorer
741 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad 2010 client's can't get network license

We have autocad2010 and have been using the LMtools successfully for years until upgrading to a 2012 windows server and getting new desktops/laptops a month or so ago and got an upgraded 2011 license.  On friday we lost the ability to pull licenses and have run through the various forum directions.  Note, we are not IT system administrators, nor do we have one - so much of the tech lingo is tough:

We checked to ensure the License is working correctly - and yes, says we have 6 licenses with 0 being used.  We upgraded the LMtools to version 11.11 today, however when running the system diag it still says 11.5.

We changed our environmental variables to go directly to the server and to extend the timeout period

Our client clocks seem to be sync'd up with the server date/time

we pinged the server, and all goes well (and looks to be a IP4 connection - whatever that means)

we tried going through revit 2010 - using the licensing tool - but it can't find the server either by it's name or IP address

When we get the warning "unable to locate license" the error comming up is 0.0.0 - very helpful

We have tried 3 desktops and 1 laptop, all getting the same error.

HELP!!!

Architect

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: A4E

Delete your Cascade.cas file and try again.  If you upgraded your license to 2014, then Subscription no longer contains 2010.  Only 2013, 2012, and 2011 are leased.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
A4E
Explorer
in reply to: TravisNave

tried that - didn't work (plus this issue has shown up for multiple computers mind you) our license given to us by autodesk was 2011, we are using 2010 autocad, the server is windows 2012 64, and the clients are windows 7 64
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

See my IPv6 link.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
A4E
Explorer

this is out of my experience level - but when I ping I get what looks to be the IPv4, not the IPv6 nomenclature
Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

i suggest getting with the person that handles this and make sure the license manager is running

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree with Darren.  Also, I have found that on many Server 2008 R2 and newer, the NLM 11.11 doesn't always work and the adskflex.exe fails.  Replacing it with the 11.7 or 11.5 version resolves this. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
A4E
Explorer

thanks all - ended up working with autodesk tech support - it was our license file given to us by autodesk for the server upgrade - it was set up to work with 2011, when our software was 2010. However - we have a new license file now, and all is well
I will keep an eye out for the failing adskflex if it happens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report