Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
158 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD 2000 and 2004

Hi! I have a client that has two servers. One is running the license admin for AutoCAD 2000 an dthe other for AutoCAD 2004. He plans to move his licenses from the server with 2004 to the one with 2000. How can I do this without requesting a new license file? and, the admin for 2004 supports 2000 or what can I do to make them run on the same server? Thanks Jsé Israel Campero DaSoft S.A. de C.V. www.dasoft.com.mx
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi José, AutoCAD 2000 uses the ADLM from a company called ELAN and 2004 the ADLM with FLEXlm from Macrovision. So the 2004 FLEXlm can't handle the 2000 licenses. But it's no problem to run both license servers on the same server. If you move the FLEXlm to the server with the 2000 ADLM you need a new license file and on the other way (2000 ADLM to the FLEXlm server) you need a new authorization code. So it's your decision what you're doing. Regards Andi Auburger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report