Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Desk Inventor 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
731 Views, 4 Replies

Auto Desk Inventor 2011

Hello,

I am in an engineering program at my school and have the student free subscription for Auto desk inventor Professional 2011. My laptop does not have enough memory space to hold the program. if i bought an external hard drive for my laptop, wold the download work and save it to the external hard drive and be able to work on the laptop? Also, what is the difference between the (32 bit) version and the (64 bit) version, and which do you recommend.

Thank you and hope to hear back 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

You can only keep the source of installation (downloaded file) on external disk. Installation of the software should be done on an internal disk

32/64 version are Dependant on your Operating system/hardware. you can only install 64 bit Autodesk software on 64 OS, like wise for 32.

you can check this within you windows ; system properties

of course 64 bit would perform better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

So, as i'm understanding, i can download it to the external hard drive , and install it to the internal of the laptop? Will that require any memory space from the laptop's internal drive?

Message 4 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

yes installation would need some space, depending on the features you select

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you so much,

Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report