Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto desk building design premium 2012 fails to install

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
deanwalsh2013
364 Views, 10 Replies

Auto desk building design premium 2012 fails to install

HI,

I tried to install the above many times the whole suite or just autocad 2012 on its own but everytime see's the same result error 1619 direct x failure and 1603 error also.  Now I have been reading alot of these forums and done several things and none have worked. I have installed direct x manual redistrubition package, uninstalled Microsoft C++ 2005 sp1 , deleted temp folders files and edited the registry, checked the permisions but I am at a loss. This is a fresh install of XP PRO SP3 updated, No AV installed. Please if anyone has more suggestions here the log. 

Thanks 

Dean

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: deanwalsh2013

Are you installing any service packs during the installation?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11

No I am not instaslling  any service packs sp3 is installed. Just doing a fresh install now as we speak.

Message 4 of 11
RAMasterson
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

We were having the same issue as the OP and excluding the service packs did the trick.

I realize the there are no service packs for 2014 yet, but have you heard if this issue has been addressed in the 2014 installer? We typically wait for the first SP before I deploy the new release.

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
deanwalsh2013
in reply to: RAMasterson

are you talking about autodesk service pack or windows service pack?

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

Autodesk service packs. They often fail the installer. Choose never to
install them. Update after install.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: RAMasterson

@RAMasterson wrote:

Travis,

We were having the same issue as the OP and excluding the service packs did the trick.

I realize the there are no service packs for 2014 yet, but have you heard if this issue has been addressed in the 2014 installer? We typically wait for the first SP before I deploy the new release.

Thanks

Guess we won't know until SP1!  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
deanwalsh2013

is that an option under customer install?? Do you see anything obvious in the log file I might be missing???

My installer is on the Autodesk usb stick aswell if that makes a difference, now yesterday i did copy this to the machine but that never worked either!

Message 9 of 11
TravisNave
Message 10 of 11
deanwalsh2013

Thank you very much will try this and let you know!

Message 11 of 11

After the long haul I got this some what installed, I did not succeed getting it installed on XP PRO SP3, but wiping the machine and putting XP PRO SP2 with no updates finally got it installing with NO SERVICE PACKS for autodesk instailling. Revit did not get installed but it's ok for the moment.

Travis thank you very much I had such a nightmare with this for quite a while. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report