Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

jzombek6
Message 1 of 3 (177 Views)

auto cad lt 2004

177 Views, 2 Replies
02-17-2013 07:06 AM

i recently purchased light 2004 at a thrift store. i always wanted to try auto cad but could not afford it. my question is - i assume this version has already been activated by whom whoever had this before. what i do not want to do is get in trouble by trying to activate it again. how do i go about activating this version again.

thank you and will be waiting for a response

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

Re: auto cad lt 2004

02-17-2013 07:15 AM in reply to: jzombek6

It may or may not let you activate: whether it does or not, you don't really own that license (the original person does) so your question really has no answer except as a negative. Pop that disk in and find out.

I'm sure the thrift store is very thankful for your donation either way (if their funds go to charity, and not someone's pocket).

There are many free CAD programs out there that emulate AutoCAD older 2004 and older interface: legit free licenses for you to use. Draftsight and DoubleCAD are two of many, use them with no questions or worries.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: auto cad lt 2004

02-17-2013 05:04 PM in reply to: pendean
you got ripped off and its also illegal in autodesks eyes
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!