Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autcad 2014 license file does not work with Autcad 2012

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
j.beavers
467 Views, 16 Replies

Autcad 2014 license file does not work with Autcad 2012

i have received a new license file (network ) for Autcad 2014 (mulitple seats), it works well with Acad 2014, but I am unable to get my Acad 2012 to obtain a valid license. I have searched for the cascadeinfo.cas file to remove it, but i could not find it anywhere on my computer.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: j.beavers

does your license have a package statement in it?

run your license file through here to verify

www.licenseparser.com

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
TravisNave

Darren is exactly right.  Basically, if your new 2014 license was generated while not under Subscription, then you won't be able to run previous versions.  If your Subscription has expired or lapsed, you might want to check on that.  If you renewed, maybe it hasn't posted yet. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 17
j.beavers
in reply to: TravisNave

we are currently under subscription and have not had a lapsed.

Message 5 of 17
TravisNave

As Darren said, check the license and make sure there is a PACKAGE.  The parser should show 2012 seats available if it is set up correctly.  So should your status enquiry in LMTOOLS.  Verify what you have and let us know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 17
j.beavers

the package and LMTools shows seats from Acad 2011 to Acad 2014  - and it shows that we have two licenses

Message 7 of 17
TravisNave

What error are you getting when you launch 2012?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 17
j.beavers

our Acad 2012 license file works well and we have no poblem obtaining a license on diffrent machines.

Message 9 of 17
j.beavers

Error -5.412.0

Message 10 of 17
TravisNave

-5 definitely means it is not seeing the license.  Are the 2012 and 2014 both vanilla?  And you deleted the CascadeInfo.cas file already, right?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 17
j.beavers

what is vanilla? We have AutoCad14 Infrastruc Design Suite Prem and Acad Civil 3d 2012
Message 12 of 17
j.beavers

what is vanilla? We have AutoCad14 Infrastruc Design Suite Prem and Acad Civil 3d 2012

Message 13 of 17
j.beavers

I have searched for the cascadeinfo.cas file to remove it, but i could not find it anywhere on my computer.

Message 14 of 17
TravisNave

Okay thanks.  Civil 3D should cascade to IDS.  Did you delete the CascadeInfo.cas and did it get recreated?  Is there any errors in the debug.log file in LMTOOLS?

You can find the CascadeInfo.cas file here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13894457&linkID=9240617

It is in a hidden folder. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 17
DarrenP

for civil 3d 2012 install this hotfix

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17253046&linkID=9240698

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

for civil 3d 2012 install this hotfix

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17253046&linkID=9240698

How did I ask the version with this intent, then forget to mention the hotfix?  I am losing my touch...  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 17
j.beavers

thanks, that worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report