Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At Wits End w/ ACAD Civil3D Install

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rl88
353 Views, 2 Replies

At Wits End w/ ACAD Civil3D Install

Help!

I had ACAD 2012 and ACAD Map3D 2012 on my machine.  I went for Civil 3D 2012, but it won't install.  See attached log.

I uninstalled all existing ACAD per instructions on this forum, cleaned out my registry, deleted all kinds of ACAD folders per the instructions, tried a "clean install" -- still hangs.

I get the red X message that says 1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 2

Then at the end, I'm told the installation failed.  This is so maddening!!

My box:

Dell Optiplex 390

Windows 7 Enterprise, SP 1

64-bit

8.0 GB RAM

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: rl88

The PIT file error is a known issue.  You can find more about it in the following Autodesk KB:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13540825&linkID=9241177

Your installation log also shows failure on installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86).  If you have any existing version already on your computer, uninstall it from Control Panel, reboot, and try the installation again.  You can also attempt to install this prerequiste manually from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3387

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
rl88
in reply to: TravisNave

Got it!  Thank you!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report