Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Static Mac Address generate a new LIC file in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
919 Views, 3 Replies

Assign Static Mac Address generate a new LIC file in advance.

We are moving several servers to new increased storage capacity.

The Autodesk Licenses server is one that will move. The server name is not changing, but the MAC Address (Physical Address) will change.

The default method to get the new MAC Address on the new server is via IPCONFIG /all... then we need to generate a new lic file with the computer name and this new MAC Address.

HOWEVER, IT has told me that they can preselect, or pre-assign a Static MAC address in advance and generate the lic file using this address ahead of time and simply install the new license file when the time comes.

Has anyone had experience with this  procedure?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Do you mean how to change the MAC address? If this article answers your question?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: mdhutchinson

If you are virtualizing, definitely static the MAC and you should be fine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
mdhutchinson
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, in this case I suppose we are.

We use VMWare heavily in our IT Server pool.

The Virtual Server that held the LMTools License Manager was one that moved.  And yes... the move happened this past weekend.

On Saturday, using a pre-selected Mac Address and I generated a new license file at...  https://registeronce.autodesk.com/prodreg/collectFlexParams.action

The server went online on the new hardware Sunday morning early. We plugged in the newly generated license file and all went just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report