Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
zcohen
9145 Views, 22 Replies

ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass

How to fix this message? This message is always appearing on my screen and causing my AutoCad to crash.

Please Help!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
TravisNave
in reply to: zcohen

What version of AutoCAD are you running and when does it appear?  If it is drawing related, please be sure it was not modified and saved in a later version or a vertical product. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 23
zcohen
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm using AutoCad 2005.  If the drawing I'm trying to open was saved in earlier version, what do I need to do to on my autocad 2005 version so this message will not appear?

Message 4 of 23
TravisNave

I'm more wondering if your drawing was saved in a later version or a vertical.  Can you attach your drawing here by chance? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 23
zcohen
in reply to: TravisNave

You are right, there's a message that always pop up whenever I open a drawing, actually only happens on certain drawings, The drawing was saved in newer version and some tools/commands will not work on the version I am using or something like that. Help?

Message 6 of 23
TravisNave

That's what I had figured.  What you will need to do in that case is open the drawings in 2007 or later and resave the drawing back down to 2004 format. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 23
zcohen

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

have saved drawing down to 2004 version, but still crashes when trying to "copy / paste". Is there a "hotfix" that can be downloaded?

Message 9 of 23
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

these are the hot fixes for autocad 2005: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618#section8

don't know if any will fix your problem

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

we are using ACAD LT 2006.

thanks for your response

Message 11 of 23
DarrenP

autocad lt hotfixes: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240818

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous

do I copy the .exe into my "support" directory or what?

Message 13 of 23
DarrenP

what are you trying to install?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

our regular IT man has been shown the door and I was asked by my boss to install a "hotfix" to resolve the problem we are having with ARX_ERROR....

can you walk me thru the steps?

Message 15 of 23
DarrenP

i am assuming your trying to install the service pack?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

yes, I guess.

Message 17 of 23
DarrenP

i wouldn't do anything if you don't know what are you are installing

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous

thanks for your info

Message 19 of 23
DarrenP

do you know the exact hotfix your trying to install from the link I provided?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 20 of 23
Anonymous

I just read info on Service Pack 1: several issues are listed. Not sure yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report