Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

artcam perpetual license

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
446 Views, 5 Replies

artcam perpetual license

can owners sell there perpetual license ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MichaelBuckley1
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

can owners sell there perpetual license ?

My understanding its a big no no  ..

verbal instructions cannot be read, so write it down.
Message 3 of 6
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community.

@Anonymous wrote:

can owners sell their perpetual license ?

You are not permitted to sell your perpetual software license for Autodesk ArtCAM Standard 2018; please refer to the License and Services Agreement here.

You can request a transfer of ownership, the process for which is documented in this article from the Autodesk Knowledge Network.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, please be so kind as to accept my response as a solution. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Message 4 of 6
Steve_Johnson

The answer's not quite as clear cut has been stated here. If you and your potential buyer are both located in the EU, then the answer is yes. EU regulations prevent software vendors from interfering with sales of used software and any EULA terms that attempt to do so are invalid. I've written about this here.

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Steve_Johnson,

@Steve_Johnson wrote:

The answer's not quite as clear cut has been stated here. If you and your potential buyer are both located in the EU, then the answer is yes. EU regulations prevent software vendors from interfering with sales of used software and any EULA terms that attempt to do so are invalid. I've written about this here.

Many thanks for sharing this information with the community, but my previous response was written with @Anonymous specifically in mind.

Kind regards,

Message 6 of 6

Sure, except I can't tell where he is located and somebody else might read it in a different location and assumed the answer applied to them.

Steve Johnson - blog nauseam - ClassicArray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report