Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture and Showcase not getting in deployment image

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LarsSoerensen
276 Views, 3 Replies

Architecture and Showcase not getting in deployment image

Hi

I'm trying to make a network deployment image for a Building Desing Suite 2015 Premium installation and for some reason Architecture and Showcase doesn't get into the deployment.

I get no error when creating the deployment, and I get no error when installing the deployment to a client pc. The programs just doesn't seem to be in the image.

I have now tried it on 4 times on 2 diffenrent computers, and the end result is the same every time. I have even tried downloading the suite again, just to make sure nothing is wrong with the setup.

Is there anyway I can see what is going wrong? Can I look at the folders and then what should I look for? Can I copy the files from the downloaded content to the image and then manually change the setup to include Showcase and Architecture?

Regards

Lars

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: LarsSoerensen

Are you selecting them as part of the deployment?  Try turning off silent mode, if enabled, and see if the client has the option for them.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
LarsSoerensen
in reply to: TravisNave

Hmm, funny thing. Yesterday I tried to make a deployment only with Showcase and Architecture, and that worked. It was later installed on a client.

And I'm sure I selected them as part of the deployment. I even downloaded the updates to them. Thats why I tried to make 4 deployment, because I maybe had missed them the first time, and wanted to make sure.

But I would like one deployment with all in, not 2 with diffenrent programs as is the case now.

So I'll try turning off silent mode, but what do you mean by "and see if the client has the option for them"?
Message 4 of 4

This is for sure living up to Autodesk notorius weirdness.  Smiley Frustrated

1) I made a new deployment, only diffenrence was that I removed the silent part, and didn't configured Architecture, for which shortcuts it should show on the desktop.

result -> It installed both Showcase and Architecture, but only made shortcut on the desktop for Showcase, not Architecture even it should make 4 or 5.

I could live with that, so decided to change the deployment to a silent and configure Architecture.

2) So I did, and got a user to test the installation.

result -> It installed both Showcase and Architecture, AND made shortcuts for both programs.

I must say I'm baffled, as it don't make sense to me.

But I think I have a working deployment now, so I'll be leaving it at that. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report