Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2011 64bit trial - unable to get past activation screen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
archieg
1736 Views, 3 Replies

Architecture 2011 64bit trial - unable to get past activation screen

I have downloaded and installed AutoCAD Architecture 2011, but when I attempt to start the program, it halts at the Product License Activation Screen with License status [2.10.0].  There is an "Activate" button and a grayed out "Run" button.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: archieg

The trial is expired and expects you to activate it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
archieg
in reply to: TravisNave

Well...  I've just installed it and this is the first time I've tried to use it.

A little background information.  This is a Windows 7 computer.  It was first set up two weeks ago as a 32bit machine and the 32bit trial version of Architecture was installed and working.  There was a problem with the hard drive and some hardware compatibility issues and we ended up reformatting the drive and installing 64bit Windows 7.  Now I've downloaded the 64bit trial version of Architecture and installed it and am stuck at the Activation screen.

It has been less than thirty days since I first downloaded the 32bit version and one day since I downloaded the 64bit version - and the hard drive was reformatted in the interim.  It seems like AutoCAD might not like that I've downloaded two different versions on the same machine, but isn't that the purpose of trials, to see what works?

Since the hard drive was reformatted, AutoCAD must have be tracking through MAC address or IP address or some such.  One would think there would be a way to run this trial.  I am after all, only interested in verifying that the software is going to work as expected on this computer.  If it does, I'll be buying it.  If not, I don't want to make a (very) expensive mistake.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: archieg

The trial information is written to the MBR on the hard drive.  Formatting the hard drive will not remove the fact that a trial has already been installed.  The only way to use the trial now is to install it on another computer or replace your hard drive with a new one. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report