Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2009 Update Error 1706

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
raulman1
1010 Views, 5 Replies

Architecture 2009 Update Error 1706

The firm I do IT support for has multiple licenses of Architecture 2009.  The software was originally installed from a network share that no longer exists.  When I try to install Update 3, I get an error even though I have an installation DVD in the local PC's DVD drive AND I haved edited the registry per Document ID: TS1051979 to reflect the \InstallSource location being the D:\x86\ folder.

What am I missing??? The ACA.msi file that the updater is looking for is clearly in the folder I specified, but the updater won't recognize it.  Can I uninstall Architecture 2009, then reinstall it from the DVD drive without losing all of the user settings that each user has customized?

Is there another workaround??? There are many reasons why the original installation media would be in a different location.

Thank you for any help you can provide.  Running Windows XP Pro SP3

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hashim.mundol
in reply to: raulman1

Yes Uninstall and reinstall would be easier, If it allows you to uninstall normally. if not try to uninstall using msi file itself.

User settings would be intact as long you don't change any files manually in the users profile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
raulman1
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you for the clarification.  Will I need to reactivate the product after unistall/reinstall on same PC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
hashim.mundol

NO, UnInstall doesnt remove the license.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
raulman1
in reply to: hashim.mundol

After following the above advice, this was the result.

Uninstalling REMOVED the user settings.  So the thing to do is to Export the user settings from the Options menu first, THEN uninstall the software.

Then reinstall the software, Import the user settings back in to the reinstalled software, then apply the Update or Service Pack that wouldn't install before because the location of the installation media had changed.

Thank you Hashim for your help.  I got the update installed -- and the user that was the first one I tried the solution on didn't have many customized settings to reconfigure.  He then showed me how to export the user settings on the other machine that needed the uninstall/reinstall procedure.

Message 6 of 6
hashim.mundol

I am sorry about user loosing the custom settings, Normally it should have kept all the settings. May be there was a customized installation earlier, which had pointed the user settings to a different location and your new installation didn't use the same path. (looking for logic for the behaviour you mentioned)

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report