Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArcGIS / Autodesk License Manager Conflict?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3106 Views, 6 Replies

ArcGIS / Autodesk License Manager Conflict?

Has anyone ever experienced a conflict between the ArcGIS and Autodesk license manager when installed on the same server? I was just wondering since they both use FlexLM technology.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

- Curt -
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

On ESRI site :
http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=32405

But which version of ArcGIS and Autodesk product do you have?

Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

"curt.moreno" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
6267006@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Has anyone ever experienced a conflict between the ArcGIS and Autodesk
> license manager when installed on the same server? I was just wondering
> since they both use FlexLM technology.
>
> Any insight would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Curt -
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for that super quick reply.

The person asking me the question is running the 9.3.1 version of the ArcGIS License Manager. So it looks like it will all work out well.

Thanks again,

- Curt -
Message 4 of 7
mlawson

I had this problem with ArcGIS a while ago and again today, installing a Lieca Geosystems FlexLM license.  Here's what I wrote for Leica tech but I did the same for ArcGIS (9.3 though 10.2).

After installing CLM on our license server, AutoCAD license became inaccessible.  This is due to a conflict over server ports through which the Flexera Software LMTOOLS listens for license pings from clients and serves out licenses.   To resolve the conflict, administrator must override default port of 27000.  To do this:

1.        Open LMTOOLS and find the license file:
  2.        Select the Lieca service from among those running (“FLEXnet License Service”)
  3.        Select path to license file, paste into Windows Explorer to open file.  (Sample Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Leica Geosystems\License-Server\svr_lgs.lic
  4.        “Save as” original license file to another location, new name.
  5.       Copy new file back to original folder.
  6.        Edit copy
  7.        Original:

SERVER this_host ANY

VENDOR LGS PORT=27010

USE_SERVER

FEATURE JumpStartFeature LGS 1.0 permanent 1 SIGN="[encrypted license key]”

Revised:

SERVER [hostname] ANY 27005

VENDOR LGS PORT=27006

USE_SERVER

FEATURE JumpStartFeature LGS 1.0 permanent 1 SIGN="[encrypted license key]”

1.        Stop and restart license service.

Note that ArcGIS, AutoCAD and Leica all use the FlexLM license manager, so port numbers may have to be changed for other services.  The content of the AutoCAD license file is different from ArcGIS and Leica and does not allow override of the Port=27000 setting.  Either that, or BECAUSE Leica and ArcGIS use third party LM interfaces atop the Flexera LMTOOLS, LMTOOLS cannot automatically allocate non-conflicting ports.  In any case, the workaround above works.

--ML

Matthew Lawson, PhD/AICP/PP

Principal Planner

Mercer County Planning Division

640 South Broad St., CAB 411

Trenton, NJ 08611

v 609-989-6551

f 609-989-6546

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: mlawson

That's a pretty good solution.  However, If you upgrade and combine the license managers into one location, using one latest lmgrd.exe and add in all the vendor daemon files (adskflex.exe) then the ports will be handled automagically.

For the best method to properly combine your license files, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
dembkod

curt.moreno

Hello. I have certainly seen this. You need to make sure the Autodesk service is using the Autodesk 11.12 Kernel and no other service is trying to use this exe. Also, open your License file and at the top, after your MAC address, put a space and then type 27005 and save the file. Stop the service and restart.

This will bind the license to port 27005 and usually alleviates a port service conflict with arcGIS

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 7 of 7
mlawson
in reply to: dembkod

Thanks Curt! It's good to know you can lock down the port in the AutoDesk LM too.

This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report