Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC software and upgrading to the new network license manager.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dana_simison
287 Views, 1 Reply

ARC software and upgrading to the new network license manager.

For many years we have been running Autodesk software at our school.   Currently we have Autodesk Education Master Suite 2014 installed.  We also have a Network License Manager running on a Window Server 2008 R2 machine.   I have a few questions.

If I upgrade the NLM and request a new license file to handle the new 2015 software will the NLM continue to provide licenses to our currently installed software?

Also is the new NLM supported if run on Window Server 2012 R2?

If I were to move the NLM to another machine, is there a simple way to get the currently installed software to look to the new server for licenses?

All and any comments greatly appreciated.

DS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: dana_simison

Whether or not a new license file supports old products is dependent on the kind of license it is.  For commercial products, this would be called Subscription.  Educational licenses might follow the same kind of policy. 

The NLM is compatible with Server 2012, so that should be fine.

If you move the NLM, you can repath the clients to look for the new NLM using the ADSFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable. The software will also ask you if it cannot find it automagically.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report