Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprenticeregsvr hanging

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
whteglve
1001 Views, 3 Replies

Apprenticeregsvr hanging

Currently I use Inventor 2009 on the work machine and we are planning on upgrading to 2013. The problem is that when I install the Trial Version of 2013 everythign except Inventor works. When I try to start Inventor 2013 the task manager shows that the "Apprenticeregsvr.exe" and "Inventor 2013" processes have started but it hangs and won't register with the OS.

When took a brand new "Test" PC never on the network and installed Inventor and it starts and runs like it should. Then we connected the box to the network and try to install 2013 under my account, as well as others, and "Apprenticeregsvr.exe" hangs every time. 

Work & Test Machines - Win 7, Core i7 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit

What is the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: whteglve

Make sure your user has local administrator rights, UAC is off, and your anti-virus is temporarily disabled.  You may want to also launch Inventor by right-clicking the icon and runas Administrator in addition to the other steps.  I've also seen in some instances where it might help to actually kill explorer.exe with your task manager and try running Inventor right after.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
whteglve

UAC, from what my IT guy says, is already turned off. We can't figure it out and our tech support with our reseller can't either. 

Autodesk, Do you have a clue?

Message 4 of 4
whteglve

We've removed all group policies and everythign short of re-imaging the drive. Maybe its time to jump ship and start using SolidWorks. Thanks for all the help Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report