Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All autodesk 2014 software stopped working - Licensing -

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andres.bofill
253 Views, 3 Replies

All autodesk 2014 software stopped working - Licensing -

Hello.
Until yesterday everything was working fine.
Today, none of the installed autodesk 2014 software on my computer is able to launch propperly.

Inventor Professional 2014
3ds max Design 2014
Revit 2014

Inventor doesn't even launch.
According to revit my license became unavailable, and 3ds max design is triggering Error 2: the software license checkout failed, which
seems to be quite common, but none of the suggested solutions have worked so far. 
These are all student licenses by the way.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, these problems are being encountered on a brand new laptop. I don't have these problems on the desktop PC  right
next to me. That desktop PC is running Windows 7  ult 64 bit

OS on the laptop is windows 8 pro 64 bit

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: andres.bofill

Hi Andres,

For Inventor 2014, may be you can try update it to SP1 from this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Message 3 of 4
andres.bofill
in reply to: 1061102991

This ocurred with SP1 being installed already.
It's impossible that it is a single program's fault. All the programs failed at the same time.
Other programs failed too, I didn't list them because  I only use those for learning purposes and their failure does not affect me.

Update: Tried a system restore from yesterday when this was not happening, and problem persists. This is clearly on Autodesk's end.

Message 4 of 4

Problem solved. I was told you could install same software version on 3 different machines.
Considering it's the first time I've had the needs to use 2 systems, I checked for that info and it was wrong.
According to http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20398445&linkID=12305695#section15
each version can only be installed on one system. 

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report