Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alienware m17x Or Macbook Pro 17"?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
124 Views, 1 Reply

Alienware m17x Or Macbook Pro 17"?

Hey this is mostly a post to anyone who has the new mac 17" unibody or alienware m17x or has access to these computers.

I was basically wondering how well maya 2010 ran on eather of these computers. i noticed that autodesk approved the Nvidia GT 9600 for mac. only problem is this card is not made for mac. however the 9600M is avalibe in the macbook pro, mac mini, and imac 20" no upgrade.

Second i also noticed the GTX 285 was on the approved list. so dose anyone know if the alienware m17x with the 280s will work?

my budget is about 3600$ not including tax. i was going to get the Dell M4600 covet but iv heard bad reviews and hardware problems on this laptop. that and the video card is not on the suport list.

also im not to worried about hardware rendering.

So thanks for the help in advanced
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
getoffworld
in reply to: Anonymous

The Mac Book Pro is a great machine...until Snow Leopard showed up. Tons of OpenGL glitches that in some cases can make Maya unusable or in the very least very frustrating. One option would be to purchase it strictly for the hardware and just run Windows on it through Bootcamp. That way you'll avoid all the crappy Apple display driver issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report