Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Tomcam
Message 1 of 3 (308 Views)

Alias cannot find DirectConnect

308 Views, 2 Replies
11-18-2012 09:32 AM

Hi there!

I am running Alias 2010 on 32-bit Windows XP and have not had any installation problems.  However, when I try to import an ipt I get "Translation of *.ipt failed due to DirectConnect not being installed.

As I understand it DirectConnect should have been installed with Alias, but to be sure I downloaded and installed DirectConnect 2011.  Still no luck.

Can anyone help?

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

Re: Alias cannot find DirectConnect

11-19-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: Tomcam

I would try to re-install Alias or repair it. Make sure that Direct Connect is included in the install.  Downloading and installing Direct Connect 2011 should not solve your problem.

David Lau
Tomcam
Message 3 of 3 (274 Views)

Re: Alias cannot find DirectConnect

11-20-2012 01:13 AM in reply to: david.lau

Hi David

Thanks for your speedy reply. I have reinstalled Alias including Direct connect. 

I am getting a runtime error   R6025 - pure virtual function call. Then the message Autodesk DirectConnect has encountered problem and needs to close.

Any suggestions what I should do?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.