Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Akamai netsession interface failure

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
bas146
39884 Views, 56 Replies

Akamai netsession interface failure

I have been trying repeatedly to install the student version of autocad 2013, and every time it starts the install stalls at "installing akamai netsession interface" and gives me a pop up box saying "network failure".

i have tried chrome, IE, and firefox. 

56 REPLIES 56
Message 41 of 57
josterlu
in reply to: cj_kurama

Can you please lock this thread please?
Message 42 of 57
alafrancedesign
in reply to: philip.s

I have tried every option to get AutoCAD back on my computer. Originally, it was crashing because it had become corrupted. It then would not uninstall. Found a way to uninstall it, but then it wouldn't reinstall. Rest of computer started to run super slow. Did a full system restore by reinstalling Windows. Other softwares install but CAD does not.

I have tried:

Install

Browser Download

Virtual Agent Download

All of the Above in SAFE mode

I have cleaned out my temporary folder

I have attempted to make sure that the install components on my computer were set to automatic

I signed on as an administrator

I deactivated antivirus and firewalls

Error messages have ranged from no error code - just that it could not install to Error 1719

I have never, ever, had this problem downloading the student version, until this week.

Please help.

Alexander

Message 43 of 57
cmalexander2014
in reply to: bas146

Hello, 

I have attempted to install AutoCAD 2017 as a student for an upcoming project. On my first attempt to install, my antivirus software notified me of 'unusual behaviour' on a file named along the lines of Akamai Netsession. I had never heard of such a file and assumed that it was a piece of malware and told my AVS to remove it. Little did I know that AutoCAD was attempting to use the file at the same time for installation. With AutoCAD trying to use it and my AVS trying to delete it, my computer was left hanging and I had no choice but to shut it down, cancelling both the installation and the deletion.

When I booted my computer back up, I disabled my AVS and tried to run the installation process again but I got a message about connection time out/failure due to the PC being turned off during the first attempt at installation and I was told to reinstall the installer from the AutoCAD webpage.

I have done this procces about 20 times now and it always fails when the installer requires the Akamai Netsession client. 

I know have not paid for AutoCAD because of my student licence but it is required for my course and I am not sure on how to fix it.

All the best,

Callum

Message 44 of 57

@cmalexander2014

There's no need to post in multiple locations.  Just post once..  I've answered your reply here.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 45 of 57
mrorangeflirtyfox
in reply to: bas146

I'm installing Maya and it doesn't have a browser download

Message 46 of 57

@mrorangeflirtyfox

Welcome to the community..

Stop looking for the browser download method..

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 47 of 57

Hi, there are only links for English version. Where can I find links to other language versions?

Message 48 of 57

@grazynasulima

Welcome to the community..

You can install the application through the Autodesk Virtual Agent and had the language pack in addition to it.  What Autodesk Application are you trying to install?

Mark Lancaster

Message 49 of 57

I'm trying to install Maya
Message 50 of 57

Hello @mrorangeflirtyfox,

Do you need information on where to locate these tools, if so I have included them here: 

You can download your software via the Autodesk Virtual Agent. This link will show you how to Download and Install Language Packs.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you. 

Message 51 of 57

Hello @mrorangeflirtyfox,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

If so, please select a response that resolved the issue and click "Accept As Solution" button to help others in the community. 

Thank you. 

Message 52 of 57
syedaanis786

What is an alternate method to download it?

Message 53 of 57
natasha.l
in reply to: syedaanis786

Hello @syedaanis786,

You can download your software via the Autodesk Virtual Agent it is a more effective method called browser download. 

Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community. Thank you. 

Message 54 of 57
a1cterry11

man I just cannot get this student version of inventor working. I got 360 working but have tried inventor before and really prefer that. I've tried direct install, download from browser and all the options and it always says a file is missing or gets hung up on "akamai netsession interface" would really appreciate some help

Message 55 of 57
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: a1cterry11

@a1cterry11

Welcome to the community...

Did you try the Autodesk Virtual Agent steps that are listed in this posting?

If not..

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

Message 56 of 57
hallingrobin
in reply to: kyinyi

dead link.

Message 57 of 57
michele.mk
in reply to: hallingrobin

Hello @hallingrobin,

thank you for notifying us. The link doesn't work any more because we have changed to the new AVA:

Autodesk Virtual Agent NEW

Which version of the software are you trying to download? AVA offers only the current one + the 3 previous ones. If you have a perpetual license and need an older version of the product for download, then you may need to contact the support. Have a look at this article to know how to download an older version from AVA:

Download Previous Versions

I hope this is helpful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ihr fandet einen Beitrag hilfreich? Dann vergebt dafür Likes!
Eure Anfrage wurde erfolgreich gelöst? Dann einfach auf den 'Als Lösung akzeptieren'-Button klicken!

Michèle Matzeck-Kunstman
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report