Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Akamai netsession interface failure

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
bas146
39774 Views, 56 Replies

Akamai netsession interface failure

I have been trying repeatedly to install the student version of autocad 2013, and every time it starts the install stalls at "installing akamai netsession interface" and gives me a pop up box saying "network failure".

i have tried chrome, IE, and firefox. 

56 REPLIES 56
Message 21 of 57
Shrimpy64
in reply to: bas146

I have the same problem - tried many times to download bothe browser and by file on download now. Download of file works but on execution it does not reach the beginning of installing the software. Have turned off firewalls that I know about. Any other suggestions ?

Message 22 of 57
Shrimpy64
in reply to: Shrimpy64

Download file installation attempt says : System cannot open the device or file specified   Error 2755     (this after the installer opens and says installing ...)

Message 23 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: Shrimpy64

Message 24 of 57
Toshiwoshi
in reply to: philip.s

I have simmilar problems. I tried to install 3dsmax 2015 student version, and every single time I try, it gets stuck at the beggining of the installation due to akamai netsession. If I try the browser installation it opens the launcher but gets stuck at "Initializing"  when trying to install the akamai netsession, and If I try with the downloaded file, the launcher begins and again, it gets stuck with the akamai step (installing or updating akamai netsession). I tried disabling my antivirus (kaspersky), stopping the firewall, rebooting the pc 3 or 4 times, and nothing worked. I'm using Windows 8.1.

I include the log of the installation. ¿Any idea?

Message 25 of 57
josterlu

Hey there,

I'm trying to install the Product Design Suite to check it out:

http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/free-trial#

But I'm getting this problem every time: errormessage.png

I have done the following:

disabled the firewall in windows

disabled the firewall on my router

disabled antivirus and antimalware

I'm running windows 7 64 bit and I've got plenty of HD space and RAM.

I've tried both with IE as well as Chrome to no avail.

Assiantance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 26 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: josterlu

@josterlu,

Can you please try downloading the software with the Browser Download option as an alternative via the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Any difference? 

Message 27 of 57
josterlu

Yea, the inventor download works from:

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

But that akamai malarky is apparantly not working on my machine.

Thanks for pointing out the direct DL links.

Message 28 of 57
cross_spacetime

I have the exact same problem however when I try to download it from the virtual agent it starts to download for both the 2014 and 2015 products but stops right around 320MB and it says there is supposed to be 1.6GB.  Any help? I have a windows 7 ultimate 64bit and that is the version I've been trying to download.  I've tried turning off my firewall and anything else I can think that is stopping it.. download just fine on my win8 laptop. 

Message 29 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: cross_spacetime

Welcome to the community @cross_spacetime!

Do any error messages appear when the download stops abruptly? Have you tried using a different browser and/or from a different connection? Assuming another error comes up if you try and open the .exe files?

Message 30 of 57
cross_spacetime

Why thank you! The error message that would come up when I tried to run
the .exe files was just error:file corrupt. I was able to fully download
it for some reason. I would just pause the down load ever 15% or so and
then resume it.. Both times before it would just stop downloading around
60% or something. Weird, but I'm glad it's installed and working great now!
Message 31 of 57
hamyjamy.mk

Sir,

Its been a week since i am trying to install autocad 2013/14/15...tried all,but the installation is held up in the first stage itself,i.e while installing akamai netsession interface,just the installing part keps running but there is no result and doesnt get installed,i tried switching off the firewall,doesnt help.

Also tried browser download,but it taking ages to download through the same,so dint try that.

Mine is a brand new PC running on windows 8.1,and meets all system requirements,then why am i not able to install the same.

Kindly help!

Thank you

Sak

Message 32 of 57
kyinyi

Hello,

I am trying to install AutoDesk AUTOCAD 2015 for a week but still can't pass the step that showing

"Initializing Installing Akamai NetSession Interface......" I try to install on my friend computer it work 

and start downloading and install. I want to know am I missing something or what wrong 

My laptop wa Aspire 4755G Core i5 2430M 8GBs Nvidia GeForce GT 540M windows 7 64 bit

Thanks you 

Message 33 of 57
philip.s
in reply to: kyinyi

Welcome to the community @kyinyi!

The akamai netsession interface stall has been resolved by temporarily disabling ones antivirus or firewall where the most common solution is to simply use a different download method, specifically Browser DOwnload instead of Install Now. For more information on Browser Download or to access direct Browser Download links from the Autodesk Virtual Agent, please see the following support article.

Downloading Software using the Virtual Agent

Here to help if additional assistance is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 34 of 57
kyinyi

Hello sir

I just do as what you said. Browser download and it work but the problem was I was stuck at the install the AutoCad Recap

and stuck at there twice. I attach the picture.

Thanks you

Message 35 of 57
jessica.t

Hi @kyinyi,

Try disabling your anti-virus / firewall software and see if that helps. If not, start from the beginning following these steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If the problem persists please reply with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 36 of 57
kyinyi
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello,

Thanks you for replying me, Installing was success if didn't install AutoCad ReCap but the problem is I can't start AutoCad

acad.exe - application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000142).Click OK to close the application. 

I attach the image file 

Thanks you again

Message 37 of 57
kyinyi

Message 38 of 57
cj_kurama
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

If you have downloaded the software trial version,please send a torrent file to me ,i really need it and now i in the "network failure"trouble a week ,it is really sick.So thk you~ beautiful girl

Message 39 of 57
jessica.t
in reply to: cj_kurama

Hi @cj_kurama - Have you seen this Autodesk Solution on how to resolve the Communication Failure? Please let me know if it helps or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 40 of 57
cj_kurama
in reply to: jessica.t

the ways i tried completely,and no one works .so could you give me a 2016 version download link :Alias autostudio 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report