Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
131 Views, 2 Replies

AIS and AIP

We recently purchased 1 network liscence for AIP 9. I got it to work on my PC, but now my AIS 9 will not work, since it's looking for a FlexLM liscence. We did not purchase any Network AIS 9 liscences, since we already have (7) AIS 9 stand-alone copies. How can I get AIS 9 to work now? Can I just re-install AIS and both AIP and AIS will work?

I called our salesman and all I got was a Porky Pig impression, even though they told me I could do this dual setup without any problems.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope nope nope. I think once you install AIP, AIS must be uninstalled. I am sure this will still be true for version 10. Please correct me if I am wrong...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was told the same thing by our VAR. We upgraded to a seat of AIP to share
between 5 stand-alone licenses. Unfortunately once we received AIP we found
out that a stand alone AIS cannot be on the same machine as network AIP.

We just had to spend $850 a seat ($4250 total) to upgrade all of our AIS to
network seats so we can share one seat of AIP. Everyone was pretty mad
around here after that stunt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report