Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIS 6 NLS and Error [1.5 - 57]

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
304 Views, 7 Replies

AIS 6 NLS and Error [1.5 - 57]

Hi, I meet a strange problem by one of our customers They have FLEXlm (v7.1f) with 5 licenses for AIS 6 On one of the client PC's, when we try to start AIS 6 NLS up, we get the License Finder dialog box every time. When we type in server host name/ IP-adress, the dialog box returns that the server was found and then following error comes: Error [1.5 - 57], where the license couldn't start up. I was not able to find any answer here in this forum as well as on Autodesk product support. From the same client PC, we can easily ping the server, both on host name and IP-adress. Further more, when LMTOOLS is started from the client PC, it recognizes the the pool of licenses. As a test the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE was set to @server, still without luck. Even a total un-install with registry cleaning followed by a re-install wouldn't help, again the Error [1.5 - 57] came up. Her collegues who also uses AIS 6 NLS start up normally without any problems. Does anyone have a clue about that? -- Best regards Lars
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Instead of setting LM_LICENSE_FILE use ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE as it is read in higher priority. The syntax of the variable is the same. That said, I do not think this is what your problem is. Are you running any internet security/firewall software on that workstation? If so, make sure that TCP ports 27000 - 27009 plus 2080 are enabled. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Lars S" wrote in message news:MPG.1acd5601a12e732a989703@discussion.autodesk.com... > Hi, I meet a strange problem by one of our customers > They have FLEXlm (v7.1f) with 5 licenses for AIS 6 > > On one of the client PC's, when we try to start AIS 6 NLS up, we get the License Finder dialog > box every time. When we type in server host name/ IP-adress, the dialog box returns that the > server was found and then following error comes: > Error [1.5 - 57], where the license couldn't start up. > > I was not able to find any answer here in this forum as well as on Autodesk product support. > From the same client PC, we can easily ping the server, both on host name and IP-adress. > Further more, when LMTOOLS is started from the client PC, it recognizes the the pool of > licenses. > As a test the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE was set to @server, still without luck. > > Even a total un-install with registry cleaning followed by a re-install wouldn't help, again > the Error [1.5 - 57] came up. > Her collegues who also uses AIS 6 NLS start up normally without any problems. > > Does anyone have a clue about that? > > > -- > Best regards > > Lars
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

In article <40633c90$1_2@newsprd01>, milanaj@autodesk.com says... > Instead of setting LM_LICENSE_FILE use ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE as it is read > in higher priority. The syntax of the variable is the same. That said, I > do not think this is what your problem is. > > Are you running any internet security/firewall software on that workstation? > If so, make sure that TCP ports 27000 - 27009 plus 2080 are enabled. Hi thanks, we will try the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE instead and see if that helps. The client is on a LAN inside a company on the same physical adress as the server. So they are behind an eventually firewall. -- Best regards Lars
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

In article <40633c90$1_2@newsprd01>, milanaj@autodesk.com says... > Instead of setting LM_LICENSE_FILE use ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE as it is read > in higher priority. The syntax of the variable is the same. That said, I > do not think this is what your problem is. Hi again Jerry, is there any document describing Error [1.5 - 57] ? -- Best regards Lars
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

No document because -57 is not common but this error can be caused by blocked ports. What OS and service pack are you using? When you try to start AIS on the workstation is anything logged in the debug log on the license server? If yes, what is the error? Did AIS ever run on this system? -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Lars S" wrote in message news:MPG.1ace03079bf91aef989705@discussion.autodesk.com... > In article <40633c90$1_2@newsprd01>, milanaj@autodesk.com says... > > Instead of setting LM_LICENSE_FILE use ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE as it is read > > in higher priority. The syntax of the variable is the same. That said, I > > do not think this is what your problem is. > > Hi again Jerry, is there any document describing Error [1.5 - 57] ? > > -- > Best regards > > Lars
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

In article <4063fa02$1_3@newsprd01>, milanaj@autodesk.com says... > No document because -57 is not common but this error can be caused by > blocked ports. What OS and service pack are you using? When you try to > start AIS on the workstation is anything logged in the debug log on the > license server? If yes, what is the error? Did AIS ever run on this > system? The client PC use Windows 2000 Pro SP4 Danish version, there is no firewall on the pc. FlexLM log + MSinfo (nfo) files are sent to your email-adress -- Best regards Lars
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

In article <4063fa02$1_3@newsprd01>, milanaj@autodesk.com says... > No document because -57 is not common but this error can be caused by > blocked ports. Hi again, I made another test, where I used NetScanTools (http://www.netscantools.com/) to send IP datagrams (port 2080 + 27000 - 27009) from another client PC to the one who wasn't able to start AIS 6 NLS. One the recieving PC I used the packet sniffer Ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/) to ensure if the datagrams was recieved. According to the log from ethereal all packets was recieved. If you need I can email that log to you, so you can see that in ethereal which is freeware -- Best regards Lars
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

When you try to start Inventor on that workstation does an error get written to the license manager debug log file? If so, what does it say? Have you tried to run Inventor at that workstation logged in as another user? Is this workstation running the same operating system and service pack as the machines that are working? Are there any other configuration differences between the systems that work and the one that does not? -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Lars S" wrote in message news:MPG.1ad4cde7e86467e7989683@discussion.autodesk.com... > In article <4063fa02$1_3@newsprd01>, milanaj@autodesk.com says... > > No document because -57 is not common but this error can be caused by > > blocked ports. > > Hi again, I made another test, where I used NetScanTools > (http://www.netscantools.com/) to send IP datagrams (port 2080 + 27000 - > 27009) from another client PC to the one who wasn't able to start AIS 6 > NLS. One the recieving PC I used the packet sniffer Ethereal > (http://www.ethereal.com/) to ensure if the datagrams was recieved. > According to the log from ethereal all packets was recieved. > If you need I can email that log to you, so you can see that in ethereal > which is freeware > > > -- > Best regards > > Lars

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report