Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS 2014 30 day trial fails

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
wclark
525 Views, 14 Replies

AIMS 2014 30 day trial fails

hello all,

i have installed the AIMS 2014 30 day trial then i had to uninstall do to install hickups,

after reinstall i can not logon to the Site Administrator with the defults any ideas all window iis 7 is set to spec.

"Authentication failed. Please enter a valid username and password."

i was unsure if it was cuz i uninstalled a trial copy or what..  any ideas???

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
diane.cloutier
in reply to: wclark

Hello,

Which configuration have you done and what does your URL look like?  Is it possible that you did an IIS/.NET installation the first time and then did an Apache installation the second time?  Here are some things to check:

1. Check if the Service is running (Windows Services)
  2. Check the URL to connect
  3. Check if the trial version is expired
  4. Check the installation step-by-step: A) AIMS Service is running, B) in case IIS is running (just write localhost in any browser) C) is Web Extension is running.

These are the different URL formats for Apache vs. IIS:

Apache: http://localhost:8808/mapserver2014/mapadmin/login.php

IIS : http://localhost/mapserver2014/mapadmin/login.php

There are lot of information to test installation step by step in online help.

depending on the AIMS configuration:

http://docs.autodesk.com/AIMS/2014/ENU/index.html

If the trial period is expired you can see this with Start – Programs – Autodesk – Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2014 – Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2014 Licensing Activator

Please let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 3 of 15
wclark
in reply to: diane.cloutier

Thanks for the reply Diane.
i had to install the 30 day in a different pc, i found that once i reinstalled the software on the same pc i could not activate it.

but i have a new error fun fun. all working just not the basic layout well so far.
i have the mapveiwerajax pointing to
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2014\www\mapviewernet

once i run preview i get errors like attached

looks like the files it’s looking for is in a different directory
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2014\www\viewerfiles

so i guess i am missing something in the setup??
Sadly this is a upgrade from mapguide 6.3 a 100000000% different world I am hoping I can get all my existing .net web apps to work the same.

Message 4 of 15
diane.cloutier

I am glad to hear that you got AIMS installed on another computer.  As far as your new issue goes, I don't see any attached error messages.  Can you please add the attachment(s) and I will be happy to take a look.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 5 of 15
wclark

oop sorry thanksCapture_script.PNG

Message 6 of 15
wclark

man i not doing well hahaha try this one the script error go on and on

Capture_script2.PNG

Message 7 of 15
diane.cloutier

Can you check the AIMS log files and see if there is any more information on the error? The log files should be saved here: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2014\Logs

Are you able to do a preview inside of your web browser? Check that Active Scripting, ActiveX and Java are not be blogged by Antivirus, Firewall or Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 8 of 15
diane.cloutier

Sorry... that should be "blocked by Antivirus, Firewall or Internet Explorer.", not blogged...

Diane Cloutier
Message 9 of 15
wclark

yes Diane, i can see a flex layout just not basic..... error logs dont show much 😞

i think it could be how iis is set up, when i installed the software it did not conf my vir directorys so i used this link to do that

http://docs.autodesk.com/AIMS/2014/ENU/files/GUID-FADAAA63-222C-4586-B2D1-7093E6F82671.htm

but had errors even witht eh flex layout so i maybe fusion in to a appliacation and it worked great after.

the mapviewernet looks like files in 2 places

mapviewernet & viewerfiles

i tried copying the viewerfiles files into the  mapviewernet and still failed so i dont get it.

aslo please look at this

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Infrastructure-Map-Server/AIMS-2014-Zooming-help-needed/m-p/4915862#M6...

thanks for all your help

Message 10 of 15
wclark

iis image

Capture_iis2.PNG

Message 11 of 15
diane.cloutier

From what I see in your screenshot, it looks like the installation is not correct.  I am including a screenshot of what my IIS looks like.  Before you do a reinstall though, I am going to check with some other colleagues to see if they have seen this error message before.  I will check back in once I know more.

IIS.PNG

As far as your other forum question goes, I will have to reach out to others for that one as well.  I will keep you posted on my findings.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 12 of 15
wclark

wow that's a lot different maybe that my prob.

thanks for all your help!!!!

the other topic is a real big one i hope there is a way to pass info to the map by url or somthing using .net

and not having to write 100000000000000 lines of code or 15 diffrent files. i am sure other had this prob upgrading 😞

i am off of work on monday3-31-2014 but i will check in here

thanks again and have a great weekend

Message 13 of 15
diane.cloutier

Hi there,

The only possible solution I have been able to come up with for your Preview error (and IIS configuration) is to do an uninstall in this order (with the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program) of Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2014, Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2014, and IIS. IIS can be removed in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Turn Windows features on or off.

Then delete the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2014
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2014

Then delete the following registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Autodesk\IMServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Autodesk\IMWeb
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2014
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2014

For the new installation, I suggest using the automatic configuration instead of the manual configuration.  After reinstallation of IIS do not change the "Default Web Site" in IIS.

With IIS we need all Application Development Features active.

iis.PNG

Which AIMS configuration are you using IIS with, .NET or with PHP?  If you still have issues after the reinstallation, can you attach the installation log file?  Found in %temp% folder in Windows.

I am glad to see that you got some assistance with your other post.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier
Message 14 of 15
wclark

🙂

Thanks Diane, as soon as iam not in trial mode anymore i will do what you have posted so until then i will work with the flex lay out to learn some things. yes my other post got some action helps me out alot !!!.

i need a mapguide 6.3 to amis for dummys for sure. going from MDF file to a few diffrent files that i have no clue about is a pain.

again thanks for all your help 🙂

Message 15 of 15
diane.cloutier

Happy to help! 🙂

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report