Installation & Licensing

Reply
hgu
New Member
hgu
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-04-2000
Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)

AdLM will not start on a Windows 2000 Server

130 Views, 3 Replies
07-04-2000 01:51 AM
AdLM was intalled on a Win2000 Server without problems. When we attempted to start it (both automatic and manual)
we got the following error:

Could not start ad:elmd.exe check system log for reason.
In this log the following was stated:

Only one usage of each socket adress (protocol/network/adress/port) is normalt admitted

Any idea out there? We have gone trough the usual checks (multiple network cards, RAS modems, port adresses)
*Hurley, Shaan
Message 2 of 4 (130 Views)

Re: AdLM will not start on a Windows 2000 Server

07-05-2000 05:38 AM in reply to: hgu
Please check the online Knowledge Base for the documented solution.

(copy the entire URL to your browser)
http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/support/techdoc/0,,157553--125452-20022_21837,
00.html

Sincerely,

Shaan Hurley
Autodesk Beta Programs
http://betaprograms.autodesk.com

"hgu" wrote in message
news:ef281d4.-1@WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> AdLM was intalled on a Win2000 Server without problems. When we attempted
to start it (both automatic and manual)
> we got the following error:
>
> Could not start ad:elmd.exe check system log for reason.
> In this log the following was stated:
>
> Only one usage of each socket adress (protocol/network/adress/port) is
normalt admitted
>
> Any idea out there? We have gone trough the usual checks (multiple network
cards, RAS modems, port adresses)
*milana, jerry
Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

Re:

07-05-2000 10:23 AM in reply to: hgu
Harald,

Actually, I do not think the Knowledge Base item Shaan points you to is
going to help much yet. That item deals with a DLL problem on Windows 2000
AutoCAD clients.

Your problem appears to be that some service is already grabbing udp port
1422. Autodesk has registered udp 1422, so any other service that happens
to be using this port is stepping outside of convention. Your best bet to
resolve this problem (unless you already know what is using udp 1422) is to
review all services running on your server and turn off everything that did
not come with the operating system. Then try AdLM, which should start.
Next turn on one service at a time until AdLM will not start again. Once
you find the offending service, contact the developer and ask them to switch
which port they use, explaining that 1422 is registered to Autodesk.

Jerry Milana,
Autodesk Product Support

"Shaan Hurley" wrote in message
news:ef281d4.0@WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Please check the online Knowledge Base for the documented solution.
>
> (copy the entire URL to your browser)
>
http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/support/techdoc/0,,157553--125452-20022_21837,
> 00.html
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Shaan Hurley
> Autodesk Beta Programs
> http://betaprograms.autodesk.com
>
> "hgu" wrote in message
> news:ef281d4.-1@WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > AdLM was intalled on a Win2000 Server without problems. When we
attempted
> to start it (both automatic and manual)
> > we got the following error:
> >
> > Could not start ad:elmd.exe check system log for reason.
> > In this log the following was stated:
> >
> > Only one usage of each socket adress (protocol/network/adress/port) is
> normalt admitted
> >
> > Any idea out there? We have gone trough the usual checks (multiple
network
> cards, RAS modems, port adresses)
>
*milana, jerry
Message 4 of 4 (130 Views)

Re:

07-05-2000 10:42 AM in reply to: hgu
By the way, you can confirm that rouge udp 1422 usage is in fact your
problem by entering the following at a command prompt (DOS Window):
netstat -a -p udp
In the output look for a line like:
UDP paradise:1422 *:*
where paradise is the hostname of the system. If udp 1422 shows up on this
report, something is using it and if it is not AdLM then it is stepping on
our registered port.

jerry

"jerry milana" wrote in message
news:ef281d4.1@WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Harald,
>
> Actually, I do not think the Knowledge Base item Shaan points you to is
> going to help much yet. That item deals with a DLL problem on Windows
2000
> AutoCAD clients.
>
> Your problem appears to be that some service is already grabbing udp port
> 1422. Autodesk has registered udp 1422, so any other service that happens
> to be using this port is stepping outside of convention. Your best bet to
> resolve this problem (unless you already know what is using udp 1422) is
to
> review all services running on your server and turn off everything that
did
> not come with the operating system. Then try AdLM, which should start.
> Next turn on one service at a time until AdLM will not start again. Once
> you find the offending service, contact the developer and ask them to
switch
> which port they use, explaining that 1422 is registered to Autodesk.
>
> Jerry Milana,
> Autodesk Product Support
>
> "Shaan Hurley" wrote in message
> news:ef281d4.0@WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > Please check the online Knowledge Base for the documented solution.
> >
> > (copy the entire URL to your browser)
> >
>
http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/support/techdoc/0,,157553--125452-20022_21837,
> > 00.html
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Shaan Hurley
> > Autodesk Beta Programs
> > http://betaprograms.autodesk.com
> >
> > "hgu" wrote in message
> > news:ef281d4.-1@WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > > AdLM was intalled on a Win2000 Server without problems. When we
> attempted
> > to start it (both automatic and manual)
> > > we got the following error:
> > >
> > > Could not start ad:elmd.exe check system log for reason.
> > > In this log the following was stated:
> > >
> > > Only one usage of each socket adress (protocol/network/adress/port) is
> > normalt admitted
> > >
> > > Any idea out there? We have gone trough the usual checks (multiple
> network
> > cards, RAS modems, port adresses)
> >
>
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.