Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding new license manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
389 Views, 2 Replies

adding new license manager

I have an older verison of LMTOOLS (11.4) on my license server and I want to start installing the upgrade to 2014 on my wkstns. I keep reading that I need to update my LMTOOLS to 11.11 before I upgarde any wkstns.

I have tried an install and after putting in the server name, it's unable to connect( I forget the exact wording) it seems unable to authenticate the license.

If I updt the license managere, do I have to be concerned that my users running AutoCAD 2011 will be affected and unable to work??

Matt Kirkwood

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Upgrading the NLM is easy.  Just stop the license manager and close LMTOOLS.  Then overwrite the four exe files with the new versions.  Launch LMTOOLS again and start the service.  Done.

The NLM is backwards compatible to version 9.2 so it will work just fine with your old versions.

Your clients won't know the difference.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2014/m-p/38198...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the help

I'll give it a try tomorrow

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report