Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another AutoCad program

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jrjohnston
425 Views, 5 Replies

Adding another AutoCad program

I just installed the free software for AutoCad 2011on my office computer.  Is it possible to install the older 2009 on another computer for free?  We have a new piece of equipment that is computer controlled and it will read AutoCad.  We had to reformat the computer running this machine and we lost the AutoCad program that was on it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: jrjohnston

autocad isn't free unless your on the Autodesk Assistance program or the Student Community website

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

are you on subscription?

subscription lets you use up to 3 previous version starting with the latest release which is 2011 on some products

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
jrjohnston

I was able to install 2010.  I think all the problems have been resolved.   Thank You.

Message 5 of 6
frhervet

Hi,

You can't use AutoCAD on two computer if you buy only one license.

If you use AutoCAD on a batch mode on the second computer, you can't have it on two computer.

But there is one exception if you are the same person to use it so you can't be on two place at the same time.

Like Darren said AutoCAD isn't free except in education program and is time limited.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6
jrjohnston

I have been talking about the education version with a limited license.  I thought that since I accessed this forum  through the sight that I downloaded the first program from that it would be understood that I was referring to the education version. I realize now my mistake.   I just wanted to know if I could download a different education version under the same name. Our school has a site license and I believe that I can use it to download the program I need. The CNC equipment I am using this program for is not updated for a later version so I need to run an older program.  Problem resolved.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report