Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Gene3380
242 Views, 2 Replies

Activation

I have the 3 year educational edition of Autocad 2011.  I bought a license upgrade online.  The vendor indicated I should uninstall Autocad and reinstall.  He gave a serial number and product key to use initially.  He said to finish the installation and restart Autocad.   He said a screen would appear telling me my serial number is wrong.  He said to click on close and click on activate again.  I can't find "activate" anywhere.  This might be the activation wizard.  When I restarted I got no such screen.  I still have the educational edition.  Where can I find activate?

I do not have the discs but I saved a file which I downloaded when I originally bought the educational edition.  It is: AutoCAD_2011_English_Win_64bit.exe

I used this file to reinstall Autocad 2011.

Is there any way I can get to the activation wizard (or "activation screen")?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Gene3380

Hi Gene3380:

We checked our record and the serial number we have that is associated to your account is an AutoCAD 2011 from Education Community. Have you tried registering the license upgrade you bought online? I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the serial number through private message so I could investigate further.

Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 3

Hi Gene3380:

I appreciate your cooperation off line. You may want to click on this link for more information:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Serial-No-amp-Activation/m-p/3229934#M39895. It seems that the item you have purchased is not from our Authorized Reseller. 

Thanks.

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report