Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation: serial number you entered is not valid

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jephutp
1564 Views, 1 Reply

Activation: serial number you entered is not valid

I am having a  problem.  I am trying to reinstall Autodesk Building Design Suite 2013 on my work computer.  It was working perfectly fine before, but when I tried to reinstall, it now tells me 'The serial number you entered is not valid.'  It was valid before the reinstall.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: jephutp

Welcome to the community!

One of the most common issues of the invalid serial number error is actually due to a license that has been upgraded to a newer version per a subscription contract that has since expired.

This would not prevent an existing activation form working properly, but any new activation and/or license transfer attempts with the old license would fail.

Should anyone else encounter this same issue, please see the following article for how to locate your new license information.

How to find your serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account

If you wish to inquire about continuing use on the older license or need to validate an existing license, please contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report