Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Serial Number Not Valid

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
it
Explorer
2262 Views, 28 Replies

Activation Serial Number Not Valid

I am trying to activate a copy of 3ds max 2014 and I keep getting the error message: "The serial number you entered is not valid.  Try again. (1)"

I have looked at it 50 times and the number is correct. 

This is an installation on a new computer.  On the old computer I ran the LTU and successfully exported the license.  When I try to import it on this computer, I get an error.

Any thoughts?

George Jordan

Tags (2)
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
jessica.t
in reply to: it

Hi George and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I looked up your serial number by your email address and the Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 is marked as registered and should be available for activation.

Have you double checked to make sure the product you downloaded was in the fact the 2014 version? (It may sound silly but it happens often)

Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on that machine or have there been previously? Sometimes new activations will pull in old licensing information.

Also, the LTU is just a work around and is not necessary for activating an existing license on a new computer. You can actually just do a clean uninstall from the previous machine and do a fresh install on the new machine and we can get you an activation code if necessary.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 29
it
Explorer
in reply to: jessica.t

I can verify that the version downloaded is correct.  I used the same one on 3 other computers.

There is a version of 3ds max 2012 on the computer, but there was on the other computers I installed as well and it wasnt an issue.

What is the way around that?  I still need to keep 2012 on the machine.

Message 4 of 29
jessica.t

Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall? It could be the 2012 holding you up. Or there have been a hiccup in the License Transfer.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 29
it
Explorer

I did a clean uninstall on the old computer and removed that computer from the network.  Then I did a clean uninstall on the new computer, followed by a re-install.  Same problem.

Message 6 of 29
jessica.t

Thank you for trying that! Would you mind private messaging me your serial number? Perhaps your company has more than one 2014 serial number that I need to look at.

For anyone else who sees this post and needs immediate assistance, please contact our Licensing Assistance team.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 29
it
Explorer

How can I private message you?  I am not seeing that option anywhere.

Thanks Jessica

Message 8 of 29
jessica.t

Apologies, I should have explained that in my last post. Click on my name on the left side, then on the right there's a section called "Contact Me" and then an option to send a private message.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 29
jessica.t

Yes, please send the serial number via private message.

Thank you!

Jessica

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 29
it
Explorer

Hello Jessica and thanks for the help yesterday. I just wanted to let you know that autodesk support FINALLY got back to my open case and provided me with an activation code.

Is that code something I should keep for future installs or is that only good for a one time activation?

Thanks again for the help.

George Jordan - Systems Administrator
georgej@matrexexhibits.com
630.628.3814 - Direct
630.915.4393 - Cell

[cid:image001.gif@01CF0D0E.F7293590]
www.matrexhibits.com
Message 11 of 29
camilo.lemos

Hi George, 

Glad to hear you're all sorted now:)

The activation code will only work once as it's tied to the request code which, in turn, is tied to the current installation on your pc.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Camilo Lemos

Message 12 of 29
rtb09202

Hi. I'm having the same problem with Autodesk Revit 2015, how can I get activation code? (P.S. I also had the problem with Autodesk Maya 2014, but I just gave up... 😞 )

Can someone help me please.

Edita

Message 13 of 29
wayne
in reply to: rtb09202

I have the same problem with Revit 2015.  My Serial Number and Key will not activate.  I checked my serial number with my account & reseller.  

Message 14 of 29
victorarquiteto

Hey. i am having the same issue, but it's on Revit 2015.

Everything is ok, you can check in the images atached, except that i cant activate it.

Can you do that for me?

VICTOR HUGO

Message 15 of 29
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: wayne

Hi Edita and Wayne,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code.

For future reference, for any Activation issues click here to contact our Registration and Activation team directly. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 16 of 29

Hi Victor,

I saw your other posts as well for this issue with the same Serial Number and Product. Revit 2015 has been successfully activated and the Activation Code was sent too the email address on file. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 17 of 29

Yes! Thanks. Everything is solved now.

Message 18 of 29
Farhan_Rasam

Hi,

I too am having the same problem with Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2010. 😞

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

I did not managed to uninstall the sw properly. Hdd faulty + BSOD combo.

After replace hdd and install the sw, i am unable to register and activate the product.

Please help.

Message 19 of 29

Hi Farhan,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial # and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 20 of 29
SriSchen

I also have that problem.

I had a student version of Maya2013 installed but I wanted to switch to a newer version, Maya2015. So I uninstalled the previous version but for some reason the Serial Number is still not accepted for the activation of the new product.
I would be glad for any help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report