Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation problem - licence file not found

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
chadja
5700 Views, 9 Replies

activation problem - licence file not found

At the end of the activation process of Revit Architecture 2012, my computer has crashed.
I  have restarted my computer and now  when I run revit architecture,  I don't get the prompts to activate the product any more.

But I  get  the following message (translated from french) :

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012
Version: 20110309_2315
Licence unavailable. a licence is necessary to run Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 on this computer

and Revit run only  in viewer mode.

I  didn’t found any way to  restart the activation process.

Is there any way to  restore the licence file (what the software seems to  looking for) or to  start the activation process without the crash.

The Registration support resend me the activation code but it doesn't  seem to  understand my problem. I don't need an activation code but the way to get  the activation prompt again.

can somebody  give me the way to  solved that.

Thanks for your help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: chadja

You probably need to delete the corrupted license to force reactivation.

On Win7

C:\ProgramData\flexnet\adsk*.data

On XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\flexnet\adsk*.data

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
chadja
in reply to: TravisNave

Wonderful

it's works

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Excellent!  Glad it works for you.

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
gaja0012

Hi. I have a serious issue regarding license to my Revit Acrchitecture 2012 and activation of the
product. I've bought a new laptop and installed Revit 2012 on it and in the beginning it worked
fine without any problems with activation and licensing, but then after some time suddenly says "
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012, Build:20110309_2315(x64) License unavailable. A license is
required to run Autodesk Revit Achitecture 2012 on this computer" and Revit then tells me, that I'm
only in a viewer modeopened Revit.Afterwards I tried to reinstall Revit and after I enter the serial number and product key in the
installation process, I don't get to the point where I can enter the activation code, cause when I
open revit (after installed) it immediately says " Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012,
Build:20110309_2315(x64) License unavailable. A license is required to run Autodesk Revit
Achitecture 2012 on this computer" and the Revit tells me, that I'm only in a viewer mode and can't
do anything. When I try to press "Help" and the "About" and the click on "Product license
information" I get same message that my License is unavailable and Revit is in viewer mode and
leave me with a Revit software I can't work with. Can anyone please help me?? My studies is all
about Revit, so it's a vital software for me

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: gaja0012

It may be possible that your license was attached to your ethernet NIC, your WiFi adapter, or even BlueTooth for that matter.  If any of these devices are now disabled, then it can cause your license not to work.  This can also happen if you were licensed on a docking station and are now undocked.  If your physical devices change in your laptop, it can invalidate your licenses.  The best place to start is ensuring your laptop is configured in the same fashion it was when your product was working properly.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
gaja0012
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks. I've decided to reboot my computer and after doing so and installing Revit again, I don't have any problems
Message 8 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: gaja0012

It just goes to show that you can never underestimate the power of the reboot!  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
Lineker007

My revive license is not found on this computer. Is there anyway how I can make it work.

Message 10 of 10
omarcss

i have a problem here too , that window pop up when i click activate btw it's 3ds max 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report