Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation on Windows to Go

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
501 Views, 5 Replies

Activation on Windows to Go

Hi guys,
I'm writing here as suggested by autodesk support via mail.

I installed and activated Autocad 2015 and Revit 2015 on Windows to Go 8.1.
Everything was working fine until I booted it on a different machine than the one on which I did the installation and the first activation.
Now, every time I boot it into a different machine (this is what WTG was build to) and run autocad or revit they see it as a "first run" and ask me to activate them again.
I have a standalone license (student) so I can't keep activating them each time.
Is there a solution for this?

Many thanks in advance
Matteo
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ampster401
in reply to: Anonymous

is "Windows to Go 8.1" a virtual machine?  Never heard of it so am just curious.

If so, while Acad might work OK, while I don't have any experience with Revit thru a VM, I explored using Inventor thru one and all I can say is good luck!  The performance wasn't acceptable if you really want to dig in and use the software.  For learning it might be fine though.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

No, it's not.
It's more like a portable installation of windows, officially supported by microsoft.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_To_Go

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/devices/windowstogo.aspx
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

nope this this isn't going to work

since the computer hardware is changing the activation will be broken everytime you plug in the usb into another machine

this will probably work with Network licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Well, I just have a student license. So are you telling me there's no way to have autodesk products working on an officially supported (by microsoft) windows installation?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

What about using License Transfer Utility before moving between different machines? It'd be a PITA, but at least it should work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report