Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation old Mechanical Desktop 5.0 - computer crashed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FrederikDelva
359 Views, 4 Replies

Activation old Mechanical Desktop 5.0 - computer crashed

Dear all,

We have an old computer in the factory with Autocad 2000i and Mechanical Desktop 5.0 installed on, connected to a machine.

The computer was having problems the last months, so i cloned the harddisk to a virtual machine. (just in case)

Lately the computer crashed, I bought a new windows 10 computer and installed the virtual machine on it.

Everything works fine, except the Mechanical Desktop 5.0.

When I open the software, it asks me to authorize Mechanical Desktop 5 first. (found hardware changes)

I have the option to connect directly through the web, but i get activation error 901. I tried to another activation method, with e-mail on 25/09. Normally I should have an answer in 1 week, but haven't heart anything yet.

Last week 01/10 I submitted a new case on this  (Case 11134510 - Registration & Activation) but also no news yet.

Please advise, I tried to chat with a support agent but they are always busy.

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: FrederikDelva

Hello FrederikDelva and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are experiencing issues with your product on Windows 10 or want to know which Autodesk products are supported on Windows 10. Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Windows 10 support for Autodesk products

Other threads about Windows 10 support

Change your mind about Windows 10? Here's how you can roll back

Please consider bookmarking this page and checking back often; we'll update with new information as our testing continues.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
FrederikDelva
in reply to: Otto

Hello,

The virtual machine is a clone from the crashed computer with windows XP.

Serial and request code in screenshot in attachment.

Message 4 of 5

Hi @FrederikDelva and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I have removed the attachment containing the serial number from your post. Please, do not post your product serial number on public websites and forums such as this one.

For licensing assistance, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. Please be sure to wait for the page to fully load so that the contact options become visible.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 5

Hello @camilo.lemos

Thank you for your feedback.

First of all, sorry for the screenshot, I will not do that again 🙂

I opened an "activation and registration" support case on 01/10/2015, but haven't got an answer.

What is the normal response time for this type of cases, because I need the code quite fast, we're stuck in our production.

I refresh the page quite much to get to chat with an agent, but it seems that they are quite busy 😉

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report