Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation of autocad 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
semeraro
337 Views, 3 Replies

activation of autocad 2012

Hello,

I have had an education edition of autocad 2012 since 2012. Upon starting the application today I was shown a screen that said my license had expired. I tried to renew the license by following the instructions after pressing the activate button. The activation failed and I was told to contact autodesk activation department. Repeated attempts to call the 800 number have failed to produce a human. "All consultants are busey". I was wondering if someone could tell me if, when I eventually do contact support, I will be able to reactivate my 2012 edition or if I will be required to purchase a new version. The autodesk website does not seem to show any option for educational versions. 

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: semeraro

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Free licenses from the Education Community expire after three years. After that you can create a new account using a different email address and request them again. This specific license likely will not be able to be extended but you're free to request another serial number. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
semeraro
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks for the feedback. If I request a new license from the Education Community will it be for my 2012 edition or does requesting a new license imply downloading and installing the current release of the software? Is there a URL for obtaining a new account from the Education Community?

Thanks again for your help.

Dave semeraro
Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: semeraro

Hi Dave,

You can request another 2012 license from the Education Community. And then you can change your serial number from within the product. However, if you license expiration notice prevents you from accessing the product again you may have to uninstall and reinstall using the new license information.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report