Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
a00805006
1112 Views, 3 Replies

Activation limit

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Hi, I´ve been having problems lately with my Revit Architecture and my CAD 2010. I had both programs installed in my windows partition (because i have a macbook) and they runned perfectly. But yesterday I installed Parallel Desktop in the Mac size and this made my life horrible. Since I installed this program I can´t open either Revit or Autocad because it sends me an error and they close or because they say I have to Activate the product. I activate them with the correct serial number, key code and activation code but it doesn´t work and everytime I open them again it ask me to activate them again.

I made this several times and Autodesk sent me e-mails telling me that the products have been activated but still I opened Revit or Autocad and they asked me to activate again until know that appears me that I have reached the activation times.

I´ve done everything, I uninstall both products and still this legend appears me, I tried to activate them online and I have the same problems.

Please please help me because I just started to do a proyect and know I can´t continue and this is driving me crazy because I´ve tried everythin.

Thank you very very much

My serial numbers are

Revit   xxx-xxxxxxxx

Autocad   xxx-xxxxxxxx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tstoeckel
in reply to: a00805006

When you installed Parallels Desktop, did you install a new OS in the virtual image (using an OS DVD or ISO image) or did you create a virtual image using your existing Boot Camp partition?

Tom Stoeckel
Technical Lead, AutoCAD Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
m.haenel
in reply to: tstoeckel

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem with 3dsmax and Parallels. I am about to uninstall Parallels, but this does not seem to do the trick. I am in contact with parallels, having reached 2nd level support.

I assume my precedenting forummember installed parallels the same way I did: First install Win on a bootcamp partition, then install paralllels on mac partition using the win-bootcamp partition as source.

Does this help solving the problem? Would be thankful for another hint...

Kind regards from Berlin

Martin

Message 4 of 4
archit2010
in reply to: a00805006

I'm having a similar problem.

I initially installed Revit on Windows 7 in VMware Fusion 3.1, but there was a problem with the video card driver, so I installed Revit again on a boot camp partition and it worked fine (except I had to disable graphics acceleration).  I opened a new virtual machine from boot camp (mistakenly) and since then, Revit tells me I have reached my activation limit.  The activation code won't work, even after I uninstalled Revit from the virtual machines. 

What should I do about this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report