Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issues . .AUTOCAD 2012 . . .serial number not valid

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Dev_Ryder
2045 Views, 16 Replies

Activation issues . .AUTOCAD 2012 . . .serial number not valid

While activating AUTOCAD 2012 on my PC i get an error saying "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. "Although I purchased  a licensed product. Could someone please help me out?TY

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: Dev_Ryder

Is this a recent purchase of AutoCAD 2012? And from an Authorized Autodesk reseller?
Message 3 of 17
Dev_Ryder
in reply to: pendean

No this is an old  individual user licence purchase for a company I work for ,It was previously installled on the computer of the employee I replaced .I even had him try to transfer the licence to me, but it gave us the same error

Message 4 of 17
pendean

You might need to verify your serial number: please contact the Autodesk Activation and Registration department through the Contact Us page here http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options.
Message 5 of 17
Dev_Ryder

Thanks for you help

Message 6 of 17
ericr-ctf

I am having the same issue. but I cannot get it resolved
"teamwork makes the dream work"
Message 7 of 17
jessica.t
in reply to: ericr-ctf

Hi'@ericr-ctf, did you @pendean's solution in this the thread above? The Activation and Registration team will be able to confirm your serial number. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks! 

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 17
ericr-ctf
in reply to: jessica.t

this is what the link gave me.

did the chat, and "MAR" ask me to delete it from old cpu and install it like it was new on PC. now the serial number say invalid. Tried the LMU and that didnt work.

Message 9 of 17
office

I have exactly the same issue but with Autodesk CFD 2012. The serial number was on me. I had changed the mother board so now I need to generate new license file but when I go to licensing sector I receive the same info. I also need urgent solution and yes the link given above pointed on non existent page.

Message 10 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: office

this one works: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 17
ericr-ctf
in reply to: DarrenP

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

this is where I keep getting

Message 12 of 17
ericr-ctf
in reply to: DarrenP

I have already gone through this process. I have a case number,  Since tuesday and no reponse on friday

Message 13 of 17
jessica.t

Hi @ericr-ctf,

Good to know! I have just emailed the Activation and Registration team requesting that they resolve your case as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 17
ericr-ctf

problem resolved

Message 15 of 17
ericr-ctf

window crashed, our IT dept had to reload my entire computer again. my codes do not work again

Message 16 of 17
ericr-ctf

my cpu crashed again, I have not had any help , I asked on 9-9-2014 and still no support

Message 17 of 17
philip.s

Hi Eric,

Just checked and it looks like you were able to contact our License Assistance team today and receive an activation code. Is there anything else that we can help with?

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report