Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation-From Server to Standalone

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
halscofield
225 Views, 3 Replies

Activation-From Server to Standalone

I have Autodesk 2013, serial #xxx-xxxxxxxx that I installed. However, I did not know that it was a server program, instead of a standalone. The program loaded perfect on the machines, but would not activate. I have a case # 08739700 pending, but am not sure if the return email went through. I just need to know what I can do to resolve this problem. This program is purchased through our affiliation with PLTW. Both myself at Benbrook Middle and Western Hills High use this program. The High school got a dongle to install, and the same thing should have been sent to us. Please let me know what I need to do to get this resolved.

Hal Scofield

Benbrook Middle

Fort Worth ISD

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: halscofield

All you need to do is reinstall as a network version and set up your license manager. 

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

I had the admin remove the serial.  Don't want to share that on a public forum.

Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
halscofield

Travis Nave-What I would like to do is have a dongle or flash drive sent for my install. This is how we did the install at Western Hills High School. Going through the Ouick start Guide, we would have problems with our network. Please tell me how we can do this here at the middle school like we did the install at the high school. Please give me some good news, I have two programs in PLTW that I need Autodesk used.

Hal Scofield

Benbrook Middle

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Well, you'd have to request physical media thru your susbscription center or your reseller.  But personally, I'd just download it from home and bring it in on physical media.  You can be up and running tomorrow with that.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report