Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HenrykBatko7483
11009 Views, 5 Replies

Activation error

I'm trying to activate Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation 2011 - i received an activation code from Autodesk Authorization Center. But when I type this code into "Autodesk Licensing - Activation Options" window, MS Windows is showing error message "Program Autodesk component has stopped working.". I have 20 licenses (2 packages of 10 licenses) and 20 identicial computers with MS Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, 18 computers show this error.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: HenrykBatko7483

Check what component that it is calling.  Typically, you can see the .dll that is causing the problem.   For example, I have seen a conflict with the Wacom Bamboo driver.  Once, I uninstalled it, licensing worked again.

Can you register it online 'auto-magically''?

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
dowi84

i have the same problem and i check the dll causing the problem and it is:

Faulting application name: LMU.exe, version: 4.0.35.0, time stamp: 0x4d06d384
Faulting module name: adlmact_libFNP.dll, version: 11.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c1b5b55
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000193ba1
Faulting process id: 0xd384
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccd609d3b2994e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Adlm\R4\LMU.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Adlm\R4\adlmact_libFNP.dll
Report Id: 2ce93402-41fd-11e1-887a-3c075410a4cf
any idea please?
Message 4 of 6
toddna

I'm having a similar issue but with the 2012 suite.  I've tried everything I can find for the past 3 weeks and can't resolve this issue.  It's a pity Autodesk doesn't have a solution.

Message 5 of 6
david.lau

If LMU crashes out, the only solution that I can suggest is to uinstall the software, reboot and then reinstall the software.  You may need to also delete the .data file. The location of the .data file is noted in this post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

If LMU doesn't run, there will be no way to run the product as this is used to activate the product.  The last solution is to re-install the operating system.  This is a very tough suggestion but I would use it as a last resort.

David Lau
Message 6 of 6
dowi84

thanks! 

deleting the .data files solved the problem!!

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report