Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
migpadilla
845 Views, 1 Reply

Activation code

My company ownes a 5 pack AutoCAD LT 2010 package and I wanted to install a second copy of my seat on my home computer as I sometimes have to work from my home computer.  I installed a copy on my home computer and requested a new activation code not realizing that I may have inadvertently taken one of the 5 seats that are allowed.  My questions are as follows:

1.  Will having installed the program on my home computer and requesting a new activation code consume one fo the 5 seats?

2.  Assuming that the answer to question #1 is 'yes' -  I managed to locate what I think is the activation code from my work computer.  Can I uninstall the program from my home computer and reinstall using my old activation code?  In other words, my intention was not to occupy 2 of the 5 seats and from what I understand about how the license works, I should be able to have to copies as long as I am the one using both copies and the copies are not used concurrently.

Miguel

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: migpadilla

1.  Yes.

2.  It doesn't matter because the EULA allows for this second installation.  Therefore, you are allowed 5 installations at work and 5 activations at home should you choose.  This will not affect the total use of your multi-seat licenses. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report