Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
clockworkwolf
2342 Views, 1 Reply

Activation Code Error

I recently got a 'License Error' when trying to run my work copy of Autodesk Maya 2014, which was purchased back in April of last year. When I try to put in the activation code obtained from the original purchase, which obviously worked the first time around, I get an activation code error. Sometimes called Error 110 or Registration-Activation Error (0015.111).

I am currently operating on Mac OSX Mavericks, and my liscense (I believe) was purchased as stand-alone. But it's also on a few other computers around the office. I tried the intern's computer (they're not on Mavericks, but it's still a Mac) and Maya opened fine. So I followed the articles suggesting that mavericks was to blame. I uninstalled, and then re-installed the Autodesk Maya Service Pack 2014 v3 based on what the articles reccomended. However, after restarting my computer I continued to get the same error. Still, my activation code would not work.

It does give me the option to use for 7 days before my license expires. But when I try to do THAT it gives this weird message in the command window and also in the Stack Trace window (both listed below) and more or less crashes.

COMMAND WINDOW

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/layerEditor.mel line 4272: Could not find attribute named "defaultRenderLayer.precompTemplate" //

// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.1.5 (built May 23 2013 14:27:12)

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/addSelectTypeItem.mel line 115: Cannot find procedure "updateSelectTypeItemState". //

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 46: initializePlugin function failed (gpuCache) //

// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.1.5 (built May 23 2013 14:27:12)

// Error: line 1: initializePlugin function failed (gpuCache) //

updateRendererUI;

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "MTsetToggleMenuItem". //

STACK TRACE

Cannot find procedure "MTsetToggleMenuItem".

Start of trace: (command window: line 1).

MTsetToggleMenuItem (command window: line 1).

Has anybody found a work-around for this? Is there something I'm doing wrong, or haven't done yet? Judging from what the code above says, is there any way this is script-related? If so, why wouldn't the uninstall fix . . . ?

I've just started a project at work and the client wants to see something end of week, so it's fairly urgent. I've set up a support-case, but I want to know if anybody has any possible (faster) solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lindsay H.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jessica.t
in reply to: clockworkwolf

Hi Lindsey and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I just looked up your case and see that the issue has been resolved. I'm glad to see that reinstalling with Service Pack 4 did the trick, as well as moving your User/xxx/Documents/maya folder to a new location. If you have any other questions just let us know. Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report