Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation and Request Code

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
suzanne.moore
629 Views, 11 Replies

Activation and Request Code

So I just recently switched computers (as my old computer died from blue screen) and I am trying to activate the program on my new computer but I have not yet received my activation code. I have emailed twice and I have spoken with a Live Representative and they asked me for my reuqest code. Everytime I try to acess this code, the entire program shuts down. Is there any other way to acess the request code?

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jessica.t
in reply to: suzanne.moore

Hi Suzanne and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

In these steps to find your request code, where are you getting held up? Does your product actually crash or do you see an error message? If that doesn't work, please try generating a new request code to see if that helps. Please let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 12
suzanne.moore
in reply to: jessica.t

I have AutoCad 2007 and when I hit activate the product it brings up another screen like its trying to load but then an error message pops up saying go online and try and fix the problem and close the program or just close the program. So then I click on try and fix the problem and it just closes the program. 

Message 4 of 12

Hi Suzanne,

On what OS are you running AutoCAD 2007? This program is only supported on Windows XP.

As you are using a new computer, I assume the OS is newer than XP, in which case you will need to try running the program using Windows compatibility modes which can be found here for Windows 7 and here for Windows 8.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 12

I am now running Windows 7 but it was running on Windows XP before. I changed the compatability to Windows & but its still not working.

Message 6 of 12

Hi Suzanne,

Do you mean you've changed the compatibility to Windows XP and it still doesn't work?

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 12

Yes. Ive changed it back and forth and it still doesnt work. I can open the program itself, but when I click on Activate this Product it brings up a window like its loading then and error message pops up saying "AutoCAD Application has stopped working" "Check online for a solution and close the program" " Close the program". So when I click on Check online it starts to load another window then closes the entire program and nothing happens.

Message 8 of 12
jessica.t

Hi Suzanne,

Perhaps you should try to take these precautionary steps on how to prepare your system for installation. There may be some settings on your computer that need to be adjusted. Also, have you tried disarming your firewall or antivirus? Let us know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 12
suzanne.moore

I have tired every step on that page and it is still not working..

Message 10 of 12
jessica.t

Hi Suzanne, sincere apologies for the very late reply. If you could please respond with an attachment of your installation log file we'd be happy to further troubleshoot.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 12
eyteg

I'm having almost the same problem; here's what I've found so far:
Install the 2007 service pack 2. Only install SP2 (read the "Read Me"). If you install the SP1, you'll have to uninstall & reinstall ACAD 2007. Also, check the Portable License Utility is XP mode too.
Message 12 of 12
jessica.t
in reply to: eyteg

Hi @eyteg and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Could you explain a further on what your issue is exactly? You mentioned that it's similar to the previous user's issue but if you could provide your computer specifications and full product name that would be great. Also the exact part where you are being held up. We just don't want to miss anything! Thanks!Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report