Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Raster Design

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Castor63
1657 Views, 10 Replies

Activating Raster Design

I have installed Raster Design but when I try to activate it, it tells me the product key is not a valid one. Any ideas why it says this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: Castor63

Probably because you put in an invalid product key.  What is your release of Raster and what product key are you trying to enter?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
Castor63
in reply to: TravisNave

I have checked and made sure the product key ir correct. I had to enter the right key to download it to begin with. I have made sure the key is right and the serial number aswell. You helped me with amajor issue once allready Travis! Dont fail me now! 😉

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Again, which version release of Raster are you installing and what product key are you trying to use.  I am sure your serial number is correct, please do not post it here.  Also, is your license network or stand-alone?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
Castor63

I just noticed that when I downloaded Raster, the icons it put on my desktop are for Raster MEP 2010, P&ID 2010, Mechanical 2010 and AutoCad 2010. The one I tried to activate was Raster Design MEP 2010 and my trial for it had expired. I do have MEP 2011 installed though. Its a stand alone version

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

You might try using the product code for MEP then for this situation.  Your product code needs to match the suite that your product was installed from.  Product codes are not unique per individual, only per product. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
Castor63

So your saying enter the product key for the MEP 2010 that I have that has expired or the product key for the 2011 MEP that is valid? and do I need to enter the serial number for raster or MEP? When I downloaded Raster I was given serial number and pruduct key, do the not have to match when I try to activate?

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

Your serial and product key for one release year will not work for the next.  Generally speaking, the product keys for 2010 are almost the same as 2011 for most products, just that the letter B is incremented to a letter C.  My guess is that you are trying to use a product key for 2011 in a 2010 product or vice versa. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11
Castor63

Ok Travis, what I am finding is Raster Design only works with active versions of 2010 products. Raster Design for P&ID works because I still have active 2010 version of P&ID, same with my 2010 Mechanical and AutoCad 2010. So what I get from this is, Raster Design only works with 2010 products not 2011

Message 10 of 11
Castor63

Also have another problem if you dont mind helping. I download Structural but it tells me it cant be installed on my current operating system, why would that be? I tried a few times but keep getting the same error. Generally I havent had that kind of issue with any of the products but Structural

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Correct.  You should use Raster 2010 with 2010 products and likewise Raster 2011 with 2011 products. 

As for your Structural, you get that error when you download and install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows.  What you need to do is go back and download the 64-bit version of Structural.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report