Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

AmigaMike
Message 1 of 3 (348 Views)

Activating pre-owned Autocad LT

348 Views, 2 Replies
11-03-2012 10:09 PM

Hi,

I'm sure this is a problem and question that has come up a number of time in the past, but I like to know if there is a solution to the problem.

Recently I bought a number of boxes of 2006, 2007 and 2008 Autocad LT with varying licenses from single seat to 5 seat. I have now discovered that the person I bought them from at the auction can not tell me who previously owned the software and therefore I can not request them to transfer the licenses to me.

My question is, if I re-sell the software, can I or the new buyer go about freeing the old licenses so that they can activate the software?

Or I have just spent 100s on software that is of zero use to any one?

Any insight and solutions to this would be a of great help and free me from this headache.

Regards,

Mike.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: Activating pre-owned Autocad LT

11-04-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: AmigaMike

what you did was illegal in autodesk eyes

AmigaMike
Message 3 of 3 (327 Views)

Re: Activating pre-owned Autocad LT

11-04-2012 03:42 PM in reply to: DarrenP

I appear to be learning this from previous posts.

Even though it would appear that the laws in the EU state I can resell software, Autodesk doesn't agree.

Comes down to making more money so guess I'm screwed.

Least now I know to stay well clear of anything by Autodesk.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!