Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating pre-owned Autocad LT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AmigaMike
542 Views, 2 Replies

Activating pre-owned Autocad LT

Hi,

I'm sure this is a problem and question that has come up a number of time in the past, but I like to know if there is a solution to the problem.

Recently I bought a number of boxes of 2006, 2007 and 2008 Autocad LT with varying licenses from single seat to 5 seat. I have now discovered that the person I bought them from at the auction can not tell me who previously owned the software and therefore I can not request them to transfer the licenses to me.

My question is, if I re-sell the software, can I or the new buyer go about freeing the old licenses so that they can activate the software?

Or I have just spent 100s on software that is of zero use to any one?

Any insight and solutions to this would be a of great help and free me from this headache.

Regards,

Mike.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: AmigaMike

what you did was illegal in autodesk eyes

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
AmigaMike
in reply to: DarrenP

I appear to be learning this from previous posts.

Even though it would appear that the laws in the EU state I can resell software, Autodesk doesn't agree.

Comes down to making more money so guess I'm screwed.

Least now I know to stay well clear of anything by Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report