Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Inventor Pro 2015 fails with "invalid serial number"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
341 Views, 1 Reply

Activating Inventor Pro 2015 fails with "invalid serial number"

I'm currently using AutoCAD 2015 through a student license and attempting to use Inventor Pro 2015 doing the same, but each time I enter the serial number I was given it gives me an "invalid serial number" error. When downloading Inventor, I was given the same serial number my AutoCAD was given (not sure if this is how it's supposed to work) and each time I check my account, it only shows the one serial number and specifically says it's for AutoCAD.

I have an email confirming the download of each individual product with separate Keys but again, the same serial number. I need to know if something went wrong, if I was given the same number by mistake, or if I'm only supposed to be able to get one product through my student license (very unclear if this is the case).

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For direct licensing assistance, please contact our Activation and Registration department:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

There you will be able to chat with a live agent or submit an email if all agents are busy. Please  have your request code ready upon contacting them, if possible. If you have any questions in the meantime just let us know Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report