Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Jay0827
286 Views, 5 Replies

Activaion code 10/11

I am constantly getting this error. My copy of Maya from my student edition that is 2012 version, and I use and Macbook. And evey few days Maya will crash saying my license has some how expired and that I can't reactivate it, so eventualy I will need to contact customer support, and they will send me a new code to reactivate. A few days again later, rinse wash, repeat.. Does anyone happen to know how to fix this? Or is this just something I will have to deal with?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: Jay0827

How old is your Student Serial number? Those student licenses only last 3 years after which you would need to request a new one. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
Jay0827
in reply to: asburyj

2012 version..

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Message 4 of 6
asburyj

Assuming the SN is less than 3 years old I would suspect the problem is a corruption of the .tsf file that stores your activation information. Deleting and recreating those files may resolved the issue. Here are the instructions below for that.

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Windows 8/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find files with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete those file. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 6
Jay0827
in reply to: asburyj

I'm running off Mac OS..

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Message 6 of 6
asburyj

Here's an article on how to delete the activation files on the Mac OS.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report