Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Registration Mistake Fix (Wrong University)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bisto_zx
1106 Views, 3 Replies

Account Registration Mistake Fix (Wrong University)

Hello, my name is Isaac Gutierrez, I'm an Industrial Engineering student at Federico Santa María Technical University, Chile, and I have this small problem with the university my Autodesk account shows. When I created the account, I never saw a "what's your universitys name?" or similar question, and now I check my profile and somehow it thinks I'm from some UK university I didn't even know, so if Autodesk ever asks them if they know me, and of course they don't, my account would be killed and also whatever software I download, right?

So, my question is, how do I change the university my account is registered with? Because the one it has, I never chose it, and the one I'm in, I never had to write it into the account. Can I change that? It isn't something I can change through "Edit profile", because that was the first thing I tried. I looked up the FAQs but didn't find anything about this particular topic. Some help please! I really don't want to get banned in the middle of a homework for such a simple misunderstanding.

Thanks in advance, and please forgive me if my english hasn't been very good. Salutes attentively, IG.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: bisto_zx

My apologies for the inconvenience Isaac.

We were experiencing in the Education Community earlier today which was not allowing users to select their school during the registration process and automatically associating Magenta Academy. In turn this caused certain products not to show up in the Download Center and an "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message to display.

With that being said this has been resolved and the site is once again fully functional. In order to access your student benefits, please create a new Education Community account using a different email address as your existing profile is corrupt.

Thank you very much for your patience and please let us know if we can be of additional assistance.

Message 3 of 4
mrsco89
in reply to: bisto_zx

I have exactly the same problem - I'm a virtual design student at the "FH-Kaiserslautern" - but my account thinks I'm studying at "Berufskolleg für Technik Moers" .

So , how can I fix this problem ? Also with a new account with a different email address ??

thanks in advance for your help

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: mrsco89

Hello Corinna!

We actually just launched a new Education Community site today. Logging in with your existing account will prompt to verify info and allow you to enter the correct school info. Can you give that a shot and let us know if you have any questions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report