Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessed by an other session - problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
132 Views, 3 Replies

accessed by an other session - problem

a couple of users are plagued with this error. It happens when a user in
working on a drawing - opened in a normal way - and this drawing is x-reffed
into other drawings that other users are working on. It does not matter if
the other users have 'Demand load Xrefs' (enabled with copy or disabled).
Sometimes it is enough to wait a little - maybe 10 min. and it will be
possible to save. Otherwise you have to save under an other name.
Any Ideas?

thanks in advance
Finnur P. Frodason
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Vault.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
rapidcad1

I know this thread is almost a month old, but I have the exact same issues and I didn't find this thread when I last searched for answers (I probably searched AutoCAD 2006 forum). What I am wondering is what is Travis suggesting? That vault is the problem or the solution? We aren't running vault, nor would we have any reason to. We've had AutoCAD since V9, and this is a first for us.

I think it is a windows or network issue. It seems intermittent, only randomly occurring to maybe one random station monthly. At first, I thought it was only the XP Pro workstations that were initiating the issue, but I've seen it now with Win2K stations as well. We are using Windows Server 2003 SP1 with a mix of Win2K and XP Pro workstations over our LAN. We've tried slowing some of our connection speeds down to 100mbs since our cable is only CAT5. We were suspicious about line network speed since the problem only recently popped up when we started adding the new XP Pro stations.

One workaround I discovered last time was that if I am caught in it, I can type "Saveas" and save right over the exact same drawing name and path I am in without an issue. I would recommend doing a "save" (not QSAVE) right after that to save a copy to another name as a precaution. However my experiment went off without a hitch. I only wish I knew the cause........

Ron Powell
CAD Manager
JDH Engineering
Grandville, Michigan
Ron Powell
Shape Corporation
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Yes, it is mostly likely a network issue causing this problem. Slowing down your network speed will often fix the problem. Might even have to go down to 10mbps.

Data Management systems like Vault & SourceSafe, etc. will keep this kind of problem from happening because it ensures that all files are checked out to one single user and worked on locally. Then the updates are reloaded to the server.

Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report