Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access error creating AutoCAD 2008 Deployment

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JPM
403 Views, 8 Replies

Access error creating AutoCAD 2008 Deployment

I am attempting to set up deployments for AutoCAD 2008. While the software is attempting to create the deployment I get errors that it access is denied to some of the files it creating. I tried clicking retry, but it wouldn't move on. When I clicked ignore, it continued to the end (with a total of 4 or 5 of these access problems popping up during creation).
I have created two deployments and they both exhibit the same problem. I did a deployment using one of them and it created the AutoCAD installation, but I don't know if anything is missing.
Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
JPM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: JPM

Yes. Chances are you are trying to make a deployment onto the same Windows XP computer that has IE6 installed and/or your McAfee realtime Virus scanner is turned on.

This problem does not seem to appear on computers with IE7, Vista, Server 2003, or when the virus scanner is turned off. At least, this is what I have found during my testing of the 2008 deployment problem.

This information is only accurate per my own experience.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
JPM

Sweet! Thanks, Travis, that did the trick. I turned off the On-Access scan and created two deployments on the server without any error messages. I am a bit embarrassed as I am one of the McAfee admins at our site - I should have thought of McAfee as the culprit.

JPM
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Don't be. I found out the same way... by accident. Oops.

I am just glad you are up and running.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Question from the peanut gallery.
What flavor of MacAfee and if IE7 is installed does it still interfere?

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

I am running McAfee Enterprise 8i with whatever hotfixes are out there. I don't run IE7 on anything but test machines. However it didn't seem to occur on those ones.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks Travis.
I run McAfee total protection for small business and IE7.
We'll see what happens with that combo.
Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Absolutely. I am gathering bunches of weird installer issues with the 2008 products. Seems like each flavor has it's own issue. Wshew...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
JPM

While you're at it, be sure to include the missing DirectX file - d3d9x_30.dll that I noted under a separate topic.
On my PC I apparently had the latest DirectX loaded because it installed and ran fine. However, every client (about 5) who has installed it so far is seeing the same problem. I guess they can separately install DirectX 9, but I would rather they just be able to use the AutoCAD deployment.
BTW, I did a search of the .dll files on the install DVD under the x86 folder and I got a total of 1058, which is the same count as I had in my deployment. Does anyone else get that same total (the d3d9x_30.dll file was not one of the 1058)?

JPM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report