Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADM 2015 Internal error 2705: Directory. Language Pack Failed.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
miroko
2571 Views, 4 Replies

ACADM 2015 Internal error 2705: Directory. Language Pack Failed.

Hello,

We are trying to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 from Deployment.

And it does not work.

It returns error:

Internal error 2705: Directory.

On the same machine we are able to install AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD Electrical. Also from Deployment and they do not return any error.

Installation stops always in the same moment:

In log there is:

Install    AutoCAD® Mechanical 2015 Language Pack        Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603

In another log it says:

DEBUG: Error 2705: Invalid table: Directory; Could not be linked as tree.

In Event viewer it says also:

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Failed to compile C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\accoremgd.dll because this image is a 64bit assembly; try using 64bit ngen instead.

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Failed to compile C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acmgd.dll because this image is a 64bit assembly; try using 64bit ngen instead.

Just to clarify:

Deployment is done on 64 bit machine. Windows 7 Enterprise.

And trying to install also onto 64 bit, also Windows 7 (even on same machine it does not work). Installing as administrator.

Installing without deployment is working. But is not working from deployment. This may suggest of course that there is something wrong with deployment. But I think that not since it was possible to install it from deployment some weeks ago but now suddenly not working.

Was trying to recreate deployments many times (20+). With different options: silent, no silent, with/without service packs, different paths, shorter paths, local drive, server, etc etc

During creating deployment there are no errors.

Was also trying to uninstall some of the Windows updates after a date when we were able to install. But no effect. Was trying different solutions from internet like editing ini files, some patches, registry tweaks, replacing some of files to the original ones from the downloaded package, etc.

Anti-Virus off, UAC off.

Also actually we tried from two different packages downloaded therefore ‘unpacking errors’ are also checked.

Always stopping in exactly same moment.

Also contact Autodesk but for few weeks now they also did not solve it.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Regards

miroko

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: miroko

I would re-build your deployment without a SP included.  You may need to remove a SP before any other AutOCAD 2015 family of products are installed. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/.a/6a0147e3c68bef970b017d3c7c2a20970c-pi

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/laws-if-you-have-autocad-2013-in-your-suite-dont-...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/07/autocad-civil-3d-2014-error-25541-upiconfigxml.ht...

You may have noticed that AutoCAD family of products are in a main AutoCAD 2014 or AutoCAD 2015 folder so AutoCAD Electrical is like a 'plug-in' for AutoCAD.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
david.lau

I would re-build your deployment without a SP included.  You may need to remove a SP before any other AutOCAD 2015 family of products are installed. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/.a/6a0147e3c68bef970b017d3c7c2a20970c-pi

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/laws-if-you-have-autocad-2013-in-your-suite-dont-...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/07/autocad-civil-3d-2014-error-25541-upiconfigxml.ht...

You may have noticed that AutoCAD family of products are in a main AutoCAD 2014 or AutoCAD 2015 folder so AutoCAD Electrical is like a 'plug-in' for AutoCAD.

David Lau
Message 4 of 5
miroko
in reply to: david.lau

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I have uninstalled all Autodesk products from machine. Then restarted computer.

Rebuild the deployment with excluded service pack.

But installation still fails at the same point.

I think that service pack is here not an issue since installation fails before service pack is being installed. It fails when is Language Pack installation which is before service packs.

I would like to notice that some weeks ago I was able to install AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 product from deployment on computer where there was not any other 2015 products, but there was ACAD Mech 2011 and Acad LT 2011.

Therefore I suspect that this has something to do maybe with the windows itself? It is strange anyway that it installs from media directly, but from deployment does not want.

I see that you are from Autodesk. May I share therefore Case number with you if you have access to that (for possible more references).

CaseNo:10120726

Regards

miroko

Message 5 of 5
miroko

Hello

I just found out this myself and like to write so that otherrs can learn.

In Deployment there is possibility to add some files to the tree of Autocad folders.

When I added the file to folder ‘’userdatacache’’ in INSTALLATION DIRECTORY as shown on picture ‘’installation directory.jpg’’ then it was error all the time when installing.

When I moved the file to as shown on picture ‘’created drive.jpg’’ (created all the folders tree) then error disappeared and all is fine.

It should not be allowed to add there any files to the main tree if it is causing such a problems but the buttons for adding it are active.

Note that I was adding it to USER DATA CACHE, so to place where it should be ok.

Problem is also that all the error messages which we were founding were completely irrelevant to the issue.

Some were saying that some file is missing, some that some DLL files cannot be compiled, etc

Therefore it is reason why it took so long time to find the reason as we were all the time looking at wrong place (since errors were directing us to some other place).

regards

miroko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report